Powered By Blogger

Monday 15 April 2013

Anyone seen the weekend????










Yep its gone again in the blinking of an eye. One minute I am driving home on Friday evening in Lady Lainey limo, jolly happy and thinking of all the fun I am going to have over the weekend. Next thing I am back in Lady Lainey limo off to super swanky Lady Lainey office. It is over too quickly and I still have heaps to do!!!

To make matters worse it is blowing a gale here and the first time that I don't go out to France at this time, it is over 22c in Nantes!! So not a happy lapin! However Dame Didi is having a great time back home, hanging new curtains and generally doing a spot of tidying up and DIY. However my guess is that if it gets hotter she will be sitting on the terrace, reading books and drinking pastis! I am only jealous because my afternoons will be, sitting at my desk, screaming at 'boys' and drinking gallons of coffee.


F1 in China was not great for the Baron, however he did move up from 8th place to 5th and LH was in 3rd, leaving Fernando Alonso in 1st. I didn't see any of the race (was probably napping..............now I know where the weekend went!) so cannot really comment. needless to say I expect the Baron to pull up his boots and get himself onto the podium pretty soon!!!!.


The MCC are developing a scheme to teach children to 'play fair' they report that after doing a survey amongst children it was found that over  two thirds of them felt pressure in sport to cheat on their teammates. What a load of 'tosh'. Schools have been for years doing sports days where all children get medals and certificates because 'there are no losers'!!! Well hell!! how does this set children up for the real world. No wonder they think that the world is waitng for them!
It is sad that the MCC are not pushing to get more cricket introduced in the schools. And until schools change their way of indoctrinating children it is a pointless exercise. I think a little email might be fired off later.

I am keeping this short as I know that France will be 'online' soon ( unless she is still sleeping) . so have a good day Dame Didi

On this day

15th April


1452 Leonardo di Vinci was born

1990 Greta Garbo dies

1993 Leslie Charteris dies ( writer of The Saint!)

Much more tomorrow


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Just got t internet now, 21.03in France. Wish I had some hot water, Ludo (laughing boy)is coming tomorrow. Been 20+degrees today got all seven upright sections of the terrace stained. Going to order paving slabs tomorrow after Ludo has been. Will be turning in soon, been up since 7am your time and no siesta! Will catch the blog early tomorrow DD

Lady Lainey said...

Well DD you got more done than if I'd been there!!! Wine o' clock ahoy