Powered By Blogger

Friday 8 March 2013

Yes its back, it's F(ryan)day




After our little soujourn last week in honour of Her Serene Highness's birthday,its back!!! and today is super bouncy happy F(ryan) day.
Yesterday in the Northern Echo ( WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT?) they had a picture of his Royal Ryanness on pg 60  ( it is now stuck on my office wall) . Dan Dan Cowboy draughtsman and Pony Paul did actually comment on the resemblance between His Royal Ryanness  and myself. I am hoping they are talking about the hair and not the whiskers!!!!!!!!

I dare not text Mr Funky for fear of another barrage of expletives. He was certainly not a happy bunny the other day. So will wait until Saturday to text when old tight wallet will be doing overtime probably.

So lets get back to the matters in hand. I went to bed at 9pm last night so that I could listen to TMS in bed, however by 10pm I turned 't'wireless' off and slipped away into the land of nod, dreaming that Ryan was still in the England squad and he was on a hat trick. Sadly woke up at 4.30am put the radio on and realised that it had never happened!. What a way to start Friday!!

The truth is less pretty! New Zealand were 402-7, with Hamish Rutherford giving a masterclass in how to take 77 and turn it into 171! The seventh highest score in a Test Match début  So jolly well done to him. Bad light ended play just before tea. England's bowling attack was really down to Broad and  Anderson although Panesar ( who I personally do not rate) did take a wicket. So where have England gone wrong?
 I think only one word can sum this up HUBRIS.

I really want England to do well, but until they play as a 'proper' team and not as part team part 'over inflated ego' it is never going to happen. Come on boys do us proud and play proper cricket.



OK so now lets zip over to the footy news for the weekend.

Birmingham are home to Derby and lets hope that cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo is not on the bench again this week.


The Mighty Whites are off down to Crystal Palace

The Blades are taking on MK Dons ( Wimbledon as they used to be known) at Bramall Lane

Lets see if the footy boys can do better than the cricketers.


So what plans for the weekend, well I am totally shattered this week and so I am going to sleep, sleep and sleep some more. Please do not ( DAME DIDI) expect blog up at 6.50 -7.00am the next 2 days. I am having a lie in.

NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

OMG it is frosty, flipping freezing and damp. So suggestions today are stay in doors,if like me you have an orange afro, it will be an orange frizz ball within 0.2 seconds of setting foot outdoors. Thermals are still 'de rigueur' ( and will be until July at this blinking rate). also not a clothes drying day!. The s**w word has also be mentioned, just as I had put the flipping Hunters away (again)

Oh well off to rev up the Lady Lainey limo and head off to super swanky Lady :Lainey office. Today I have packed up my 'corn flakes' in an Asda bag!!! and I am smiling!!



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hey LL,

How come you are on blog number 253 and no shout out about 250. Guess you must be pretty tired to have missed that one!