Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Woooooo were going to Barbados








Well strictly speaking I am not going to Barbados but I am with my Yorkshire boys on Twitter so it kind of counts! I have even got all the essential items ready for the 'trip' Whoops someone drank all the rum! ( Dame Didi I think).

The boys will be getting themselves acclimatised now that they are on their pre season jolly tour. They actually took more luggage than I, Lady Lainey normally take on my jollies. However there were over 11 of them and only 1 of me!!!!!!

So I will be firmly glued to Twitter to get the important results etc from the boys. Hope that they have all remembered their sunscreen, and I hope that none of them have got 'speedo's' I am actually feeling ill at the thought of it.
#COYT #strongunit.

And I know that Gillespie the Gallant and the boys will have a great tour.


I can honestly tell you that they thought of Barbados at the moment is a lot better than the thought of stepping outside of Tykes Towers and into the freezing Arctic waste that used to be known as Lady Laineyville!. No I sure am not looking forward to that.

Durham are apparently on the 'Final Countdown' for their 21st birthday celebrations. ( gosh I have been a member that long! since I was a baby!). The pictures on the website show them playing Rugby. Now forgive me for stating the obvious, but this might explain why they have been playing the most cr** cricket over the last few seasons!

Andy Flowers has been defending his team down in NZ against rumours that they are treating it as a holiday,most especially after there warm up defeat when members of the team went off on a 'canyon swing' Well I am with the doubters. After the loss of the game and with the 1st Test up and coming I think that they should have been in training. Flowers stated that he encouraged the team to do different things. My thinking? Maybe Flowers should be doing different things. Bring back Kevin Shine! we were a winning side when he was around!( even though a pedalo was somehow brought into the equation)
There have been many comments on the team and their performance but lets wait and see what happens next.

Australian Test team seems to be in a quandary. I  will do more background research before I comment. It was however due to breaching team protocol ( I don't think the England team know what protocol is !) However all I want to say is 'come on you boys you have to give the 'poms' a run for their money'. I still think that Australian are keeping the real team under wraps!! :-)


So I am keeping it short as snow is still falling here and I have to brave the polar ice cap other wise known as the A167!

have a warm and safe day and if you are  a Tyke in Barbados I am very envious!!

No comments :