Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Nearer to the weekend!












Well more snow falling ( is this not getting boring???) and I am trying to get all the things that I flogged on eBay wrapped up and to the Post Office before I get snowed in. ( I very much doubt that this will happen but who knows!).

It is only one week to the start of the cricket season and I am excited but also dreading sitting out in the cold…………..which is preferable to sitting in the members lounge  at former besty home county of Durham, with a load of old codgers who can still ‘play better than half the team!’ ( give them a bat and let them prove it!!!....…actually I could probably play better than half the team but that is not the point..) Actually on one of the very few occasions that I have ventured into the suite, one old boy told me I couldn't sit in a particular chair as it was Franks. I said that frank could have it when he came back. Apparently he had been dead for 10 years. I refused to move, I pay my membership and have for the 21 years that they have been a first class county. Needless to say I was the talk of the members lounge!

Oh goodness I sound like Geoff Boycott!


Well, well ,well, Alastair Cook and the team have been accused of being complacent and took for granted that they were a stronger side than New Zealand. Well that is one word that I would use. I think that in the run up to the Ashes the players should keep their heads down, their opinions to themselves and the Captain speak for the team. That way they will not be 'quoted' later when they are in hot water.
Cook said that they were not complacent and that the team did not play as well as they could have. 'Non merde Sherlock!' that is an understatement!. 

Oh goodness I sound like some jaded old cricket hack!!

For I, Lady Lainey it is now only 25 days until i see my beloved Yorkshire battle it out with former besty home county of Durham. I am getting all my flasks ( YES! all of them  Dame Didi, I know that you think I am 'flask OCD') ready for gallons of coffee, soup and anything else hot that I can put into them. I am thinking that when Mr Funky and I go I may even surprise him with Hot Chocolate. However if it isn't 'full fat' hot chocolate he won't be wanting it!!
So my cushion ( to protect my delicate derrière  is ready as are the thermals and blanky ( needed to wrap around your legs late afternoon) and over sized golf umbrella ( always needed) and I am ready for the off.

Oh goodness i sound like a mad cricket fan!!!!

OMG I AM!!!!!

Well as the snow is falling and the sky is grey and 'heavy' I am keeping this short so that I can get into the Lady Lainey limo and head off to super swanky Lady Lainey office. Hopefully 'Jo Bling' will be in already be in and have the heating cranked up, and the kettle on. And then I can settle down for another day of looking pretty and shouting at the boys

Hahaha I sound like the boss!!!!






No comments :