Powered By Blogger

Thursday 7 March 2013

#WAVAW









Woohoo We're all Vikings Aren't we!. Well we are now for all further Yorkshire one day matches. We are now Yorkshire Vikings. The new name was unveiled yesterday morning in York ( where else?). And so now we will be out marauding and pillaging up and down the cricket counties. Durham Dinosaurs  Dynamo's had better watch out when the Norsemen come to town.

The new name gets it's first look out, on the Barbados tour when they take on Hampshire Royals on March 16 at Kennington Oval, Bridgetown. And as that date would have been the wedding anniversary of His Royal Gorgeousness and Her Serene Highness, I predict that the Vikings will win.

I was so excited that I text Mr Funky the Chauffeur to impart the good news. However I had forgotten one important thing.

LADY LAINEY . Woohooo we are all Vikings Mr Funky


MR FUNKY  what the Donald Duck*  are you on woman!


LADY LAINEY   weeeheee Yorkshire have a new name for one day cricket

MR FUNKY    You think I flipping* well care


LADY LAINEY   well aren't you a barrel of laughs today!!!!!

MR FUNKY  I am on chuffing* nightshift  and you have woken me up you silly sausage*

LADY LAINEY  No need to be rude and sorry and you should have turned your flipping*,chuffing*,bally* phone off!!!!!

 *  alternative words inserted to protect readers minds!!!!


Probably best to keep the language clean now, EVEN though over in NZ England collapsed to 167 all out!!! Well I really do not know what to say ( and I don't think that you believe that for a moment). Opening batsman out for 10, Compton a duck ( again!) as was FIGJAM, even my favourite Tyke Joe Root could only manage 4.
New Zealand are currently (6.38am UK time) 131 without loss.


Lets move rapidly on.....................

NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

It is cold, foggy, damp and flipping awful outside. The weather forecast is that it will remain overcast for the rest of the day. So thermals on, trousers for ladies and gentlemen. It's March, its nearly Spring, please bring back some 'weak' sunshine.


So as I pack up my porridge in my Tesco bag ( was that not a war time song? or something similar). I head off to the icy wastes of super swanky Lady Lainey office, safe in the knowledge that there is no chuffing chance that my coffee will be made for me!

Oh well a Lady's work is never done

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Did you have fun when you had to "Pack up your porridge in your Tesco Bag and smile smile smile". Hope you told those "boys", "Smile boys that's the style"