Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Not keen on Tuesdays either!!!


Needed something to brighten up my day!

So it's Tuesday and I am still unable to crawl out of bed at some time close to normal ( well normal for me so probably stupid o' clock for everyone else). The weather is appalling and I am sick of going to work looking like the 'Michelin woman', even the thought that it is under 40 days until I see my Tykes is not urging me on. I want to wear pretty frocks and sandals and have my orange curls wafting in the breeze whilst my tiara stays firmly in place. Not wear 20 layers and thermals, carry Hunter's around with me at all time in case of more snow. Have a hat pulled down over orange afro and legs have not seen the light of day since September ( legs not seen a razor or any wax since then too by the looks of the fur coat they are wearing!!! YUKKY!!) Maybe I need to do something constructive, like defuzz and spray tan ............nope too flipping cold for any of that malarkey!


Hot news, over the Easter weekend I am having my first real guest to stay at Tykes Towers. Countess Culshaw and Sir Samuel are coming to visit so I had better get a wriggle on and get some work done in the house. Mr Funky the Chauffeur has said that he will help me gravel by the walled garden, but the 'Deer park' will have to wait until later! ( well it is chuffing big and I think that it will take more than Mr Funky and myself to do it.).

So what else has been happening in the wonderful world of cricket

Well it isn't looking good for Australia, as India made it a series win. I think that although the team seems to be struggling ( and they have had a rough time in the last couple of weeks). They are young and WILL be a force to be reckoned with. Australia have a way to produce great players that England have not yet  hit on. Yes England have had great and talented players but Australia 'nurtures' its player where as in England we 'indulge' them.

The English press are already saying that Broad and Compton have booked their Ashes place. Well Compton had been out for ducks before hitting century's and Broad is carrying his heel injury. I would have thought that the concern over this injury would  be enough for a 'wait and see' attitude. In the words of Achilles in the amazing film 'Troy' 'IS THERE NO ONE ELSE???'

Umpire Nadir Shah has been banned for 10 years by the Bangladesh Cricket Board on charges of corruption. I know that once the rotund one from Durham starts to umpire he could face a 10 year ban form the tea table!!!!


Over in Footy  Watford former club of cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo are in big merde. They are under a transfer embargo and there former owner ( no not Elton John!) is banned from football for 3 years for financial misconduct. They did however not face a piont deduction and in light of their title chase they should be very glad. It looks to be a right old pickle down at Vicarage Road ( yes I knows it well, used to drive past it to go shopping in the Harlequin Centre!)


NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

Totally flipping freezing, I am typing super fast to try to keep my hands warm. It is wet , so HURRAH  NO SNOW!! .....YET.
Fashion for the day, 18 layers today as it is 'slightly' warmer and boots rather than Hunters. However scarf, hat and gloves cannot be omitted as your ears will probably drop off once you set foot over the door frame!!!


I hope you are feeling better today Dame Didi, and hope you don;'t have the horrid 'lurgy' that I had.

Bon Journee




1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Hi LL,
I seem to feel a bit better today and I hope that this will continue. I do not want the lurgy you had. Cannot afford the time feeling ill!

Forgot to say on Sunday "Happy 104th Birthday to Auntie Rose"