Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 March 2013

29 days to go......................


Any excuse!!!


................until the start of the cricket season for I Lady Lainey. I really am now super bouncy excited and can hardly contain myself. Not long until I am getting out my Box Brownie to continue my collection of photographic works entitled 'Cricketers Posteriers'. Oh happy days!!!

Mr Funky the chauffeur had better get his chuffing act together too, I do not want any of this 'it'll be OK if we get there at 12' nonsense!. I like to be there at 10.00am to get settled. Have first of many cups of coffee ( explanation for bounciness???), read the paper, do the crossword and be ready for start of play.

I can hardly believe where the time has gone since the cold and  wet day at Scarbella, when I saw my beloved Yorkshire play for the last time, last season. Flipping heck I have been home to France ( drink fuelled), back to Blighty ( temperance time), had super birthday bash on Concorde  ( champers ahoy)and Christmas  ( more champers)and of course WORK (gallons of coffee)!!!. Yes that's where the time has gone.

So here is to sun filled days, ( flipping hopeful), and I Lady Lainey reclining in my usual position! ( at The Riverside Ground) and now that I have forked out huge lump of dosh for 5 year membership  at former besty home county of Durham,I think that they should put my blinking name on the seat.  Or get me a new one, this one would be 'just right!'

So lets get down to super crickety stuff.  Blimey O'Riley would you 'Adam and Eve' it now Swann is ruled out of the team and is set to have surgery for an elbow injury. This however is a long standing problem, so I ask the obvious flipping question, what was he doing in the team? James Treadwell is flying out to New Zealand to cover. ( Is there no one out there already?)
 Now I have got my tiara in a tizzy here. I cannot get my orange afro round why they are taking players out that they know have 'long standing' problems and at some point are obviously going to 'breakdown'. Next on the list Broad's heel will kick up again and he will be sent home. KP will damage his back trying to pick his wallet up and Bell will crack his over inflated head as he enters the building. #onlysaying

However as far as the 1st Test goes it was washed out by rain on day one. Sounds like summer in Blighty.

Whoop di flipping dooo, I have just seen that Worcestershire have signed Lady Lainey's favourite New Zealand cricketer for the T20 series. They have only gone and got Jacob Oram so that Lady Lainey  can ogle  him observe his bowling action. YEAHHHHHH!!!!

And finally Michael Vaughan has  been stoking the firing against the Australians by quipping 'What do you call a great Aussie cricketer' ANSWER  'Retired'. NOT CRICKET AND NOT FUNNY!!!!  and more to the point you know  that even now if they brought back a team with Ponting, McGrath, Gillespie and co our 'boys' wouldn't stand a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS

Frosty this morning here in the North Eat of Blighty, no fog, but flipping cold. Thermals on!

No comments :