Powered By Blogger

Saturday 23 February 2013

Nooooo!!! not the green ones again!!!











NO!!!! Not the Green ones again!!!




Woohooo hooo

I ain’t lyin’

I am super excited

‘Cos I’ll soon see Ryan!

Yes my super blog chums, it is now only a matter of weeks until the start of the cricket season here in Blighty and I , Lady Lainey am polishing my besty tiaras in anticipation.  

I woke up this morning (OBVIOUSLY or I wouldn’t be writing this!) and cricket was the first thing that came into my pretty little head. Yipdeflippingskip I am so excited as it is only eight weeks until I clap eyes (and camera lens) on His Royal Ryanness and Gillespie the Gallant. I am nearly faint with the thought of it. AND THEN I looked out of the window to a chuffing cover of snow! what the flipping heck is going on? I need to start to acquire a tan so that I am truly 'Ryan fit' in April. Well time to dust off the Hunters again
Its been a long old winter here in Lady Lainey land and getting longer by the minute!.

As the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers had started to burst into life with arrays of flowers ( all planted by her Serene Highness) , I was feeling so much better than I have in weeks and now that I can eat more than cornflakes, this morning has seen Snowdrops and Daffodils looking very dashed having had snow dumped on top of them.

Mr Funky the chauffeur had better get himself sorted too, as he told me that he has to ‘go to golf’ one cricket match day. There is no ‘has to’ about it. Golf is not for the cricket season it is for saddo’s who wear waterproof trousers and walk for miles brandishing a stick that they call a caber or something!!! And talk about ‘birdies and eagles and pigeons probably. I think this is some saddo’s code for not being able to hit the ball with the stick! So once he learns that you DO NOT contemplate playing golf when there is a cricket match on the better!

So over where the snow is not falling, in New Zealand the final ODI is taking place as we speak. NZ were out for 185. England have just won (8.00am UK time) by 5 wickets.) Root & Woakes not out on   29 & 3 respectively. England again sent out an unchanged side after winning the toss they put NZ in to bat. SO England win the one day series 2-1. And what now?. Gearing up for the test which starts on 5th March!


Also looks as if there may be change in the England coaching camp as Graham Thorpe is reported to be in talks with the powers that be over his role. he appears reluctant to continue in his role as limited overs coach. He has been carving out a great coaching career and so we will wait and see what the decision is. 

England Lions suffered another defeat.#notquitetheyoungbuckswethought

No news on the football and whether the weather has affected play. so with that I am off to wake up Dame Didi and then walk to  Lady Laineyville to do the shopping for the 'boys'.

Have a super (snowy) Saturday where ever you are!.

No comments :