Powered By Blogger

Thursday 21 February 2013

Come on Lady Lainey!




Ok so I went to Fat fighters last night and did not lose any weight, I did not however put any on, so I think that I am still on target to turn into a 'Glamazon' by the cricket season! However now I am reassessing what I eat  and am really going to 'knuckle' down. Mr Funky the Chauffeur has also been told to stay off the pies, cakes, fish and chips etc as he has to lose a spot of weight. Gosh he will be having a funny turn when he has to eat 'diet' food.

So all diety things aside lets see what is going on in the cricket world. England won over in NZ, and of course we all know that one man does not make a team, however I do think that one man did make a difference yesterday. That man was Joe Root who was 79 not  out in 56 balls. I am totally Tyketastically proud of him and know that he will play brilliantly this season. Alistair Cook did comment that he has the makings of a good player. I kinda think he is a good player or he wouldn't have been selected for the England squad!!!

Sorry state of affairs in the Lions camp as Matt Coles and Ben Stokes are sent  home. Having been given written warnings, they were eventually packed off home. They had ignored instructions regarding preparation and recovery and flouted drinking rules( thought it wouldn't be long before drink came into it). This comes after the team have lost all 5 matches whilst being in Australia My thoughts on this.  Stop the 'Lions' tours and concentrate on the main England team, also I have seen Stokes play over the past few years. I have watched his arrogance grow and to be honest this was an event waiting to happen!  Its not the first time that he has been involved in drink related problems ( seems to be a problem at Durham) and his career at a higher level seems to be in jeopardy. The lack of professionalism by both players lets England down, however when these two were dreaming of being England cricketers, inspiration came from  Andrew Flintoff  who was off on his pedalo, and peeing in the garden at 10 Downing Street,so what can we expect!
 No replacements have been named for them as of yet. I hope that they both learn from this.

News that Anthony McGrath is retiring from Yorkshire because of a thumb injury is really sad. As I reported yesterday his retirement is a huge blow for Tykes fans. he has been a loyal servant to the club for over 20 years.The Bradford born player will be missed by the crowds.

Much bigger news is that Surrey have really pulled the rabbit out of the hat, they have signed Ricky Ponting to play for them this summer. He joins Greame Smith as overseas players and I for one hope that they give KP a good old run for his money, Super exciting news.

I am keeping this short as I am running out of time before I have to scoot off to super swanky Lady Lainey office and I still haven't attempted to put a comb through my birdsnest   hair. So I am off


But as Arnie would say

'I'll be back


No comments :