Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 February 2013

Back to the grind




I really can't wait for the cricket season, but really what I can't wait for is longer days. Although it is lighter in the mornings here and I drive home in day light, I can't wait for longer light filled days ( notice that I do not mention sunshine......well this is England!). The clocks go forward here in just over a month and  although I will lose one hour of my sleep, it will have a dramamtic effect on my life. I will be uip with the chirping birdies and have housework done BEFORE I go to super swanky Lady Lainey office.I cannot wait!

So what has been happening in the sports arena ( not a lot) whilst I, Lady Lainey have been catching up on my beauty sleep.

Well David Beckham finally came off the bench in the 76th minute to play for the first time for Paris St German. They were playing Marseilles.  he apparently played his part in  Ibrahimovic's goal which could prove crucial in their title bid. But again one man does not make a team.

Over in cricket Ashley Giles handed the team back over to Andy Flowers saying that the two man system had got off to a flying start. Giles and Flowers were'job sharing' and it look as if it may have had an effect on the team. Lets see what happen in the test which starts on Wednesday.


South Africa are powering back and beat Pakistan by an innings and 18 runs to take the series.This made a clean sweep and the team look to be pulling together . Well done those boys.

Away from the sports, it was the night of the Oscars and  Anne Hathaway won for her role in Les Miserable for best supporting actress.

Daniel Day- Lewis won best actor. He is the only man to win 3 best actor oscars. What an amazing man and not one who churns out film after film. He appears to be selective about his roles and it obviously pays off.

Michelle Obama presented an award! Why?

And Sky fall won Oscars. However for me it is not one of the best Bond films and Daniel Craig is not James Bond.#nopersonality #myopiniononly.

So today I am off to super swanky Lady Lainey office, yes back to the grind. Off to the office  to shout at teh boys and look pretty! and  then this evening Mr Funky the chauffeur and I are going out walking and running. Well he has to lose some weight and I thought I would put him through his paces. I am not sure which of us is actually the fittest so the next couple of weeks will probably be very telling.

Sorry that this is short. Decent crickety and sporty news in general is a little thin on the ground and I really don't watch rugby ( or understand it! Flipping enormous men crash into each other, pull each others ears and then run about with a strange shaped ball. Whats that all about then?)

I will  however return tomorrow when hopefully there will be lots of exciting news and updates to convey to you all.

have a super dooper day where ever you are.








No comments :