Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Very weary!





I want SUNSHINE!!!!





Well after the extreme disappointment that is Mr Funky not being a chuffing good chauffeur, I am resigning myself to the fact that I will be reclining  on the chaise longue on Friday evening clutching a bottle of fizz  and besty soft toy cuddle friend Pink Hippo, throwing darts at pics of aforementioned chauffeur,  That aside  I am not one to hold a grudge  but he had better check his food when we go to cricket! Actually I am slightly (only slightly) glad, it is only Wednesday and I am totally wiped out, wearier than the weariest thing ever. All this struggling to super swanky Lady Lainey office in the snow is taking its toll.

The weather was worse than poo yesterday ( meteorological term....YES REALLY!!), so I left the office at 4pm and made my way back to Lady Laineyville. Cold wet, tired and thoroughly fed up with the weather in general. I couldn't be bothered to do anything when I got home, so just sat and watched rubbish on the TV.

Well today is the third ODI, it starts at 6.30am UK time and as it is 6.00am they will still be playing football on the field!. India have won the toss and elected to field.

The Blades were due to be in action last night against Bury but the match was postponed!

Last night in League Cup action  League Two Bradford beat Aston Villa  4.3 on aggregate to get through to the next round. Well done to them I bet there will be a few sore heads this morning.

On the cycling front, Lance Armstrong is also managing to drag as many people down with him as possible and I wondered how long before Sheryl Crow was brought into the 'ring'. Wonder when his ex wife gets dragged in too, and his children??? It is all turning into a horror of horrors for all people who had been associated with Armstrong.

 On this day 

23rd January


1948 Bradman scores  201 in 272 mins  ( 21 fours 1 six included)

1952 Omar Henry South African cricket born ( first non white player for South Africa)

1974 Glenn Chapple born ( Lancs Eng A player)

1990 Dean Jones ( Deano) scores twin test tons v Pakistan at the Adelaide Oval.

1993 Graham Gooch scores his 100th 100


WOW its been a real cricket  'on this day' today

Well off to shout at the boys ( or maybe boy if Jobbers hasn't dug himself out yet!) and also freeze my wotsits off. When really all I want is to be sitting in the sun........................

No comments :