Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 January 2013

How did it get to be Monday so quickly??/







It's Monday!!



Well it was a seriously busy day yesterday here at the 'Towers'. Firstly I got all the washing done ( mundane and boring), then I packed my bag to go to Chateau Saltburn this week. I also checked out all the Lady Lainey  rubbish treasures that I had put onto eBay to sell ( and yes they were selling well!). Then I had a little nap, only to wake up to realise that I had missed the FA cup draw!!

Firstly Leeds & Birmingham will replay their match on January 15th and the winner will take on Tottenham on January 26th

The Blades are taking on Reading on 26th  so lets see how that goes.

Over in India, England lost to India A by 53 runs, KP opened and scored 19, bell opened with him and scored 91 missing out on the his century, however he made up for it with 'verbal runs' stating that 'defeat is irrelevent'. Why oh why doesn't he keep his trap shut!!! You just know that pride comes before a fall.
Joe Root was omitted from the team and I think that it showed.

I read in the paper that veteran war correspondent Marie Colivin who was sadly  killed in February last year, had put a clause in her will stating that her ex husband  would be able to make no claim on her estate. They had been divorced for many years and everyone said that they still remained friends. Well I think her message from the grave states otherwise. ....................now where is my will?????

Today is a super busy day at  super swanky Lady Lainey office too, as I am about to try and get all the archiving done ready to sent to 'not quite as swanky' HQ in the South. I hate archiving ( take note Jobbers) but like it all to be done properly so there will be a lot of shouting at the boys today, to ascertain that all relevant information is included.


On this day 

7th January

1558 Calais last English possession in France retaken by the French ( and now constantly invaded by English booze cruisers!)

1908 England beat Australia by 1 wicket at MCG

1964 Nicholas Cage was born

1983 Australia regain the Ashes  beating England 2-1 in the series

1987 Kapil Dev takes his 300th age 27.


And so it is now time to climb aboard the Lady Lainey limo and head off to work.








No comments :