Powered By Blogger

Thursday 31 January 2013

D DAY?






Well off I trotted to 'fat fighters' last night and recorded another flipping loss, that and also racking up points right, left and centre due to having a flipping pedometer clipped onto my waistband. It has nearly caused a panic a couple of times in the little ladies room, I think that you can see where I am coming from there!. I am over the moon and intend to get into the nicest dress I can find for the wedding of the year in late April. Oh yes I am super bouncy excited about the wedding of cousin The Great Gibson. Just got to find a blinking bonnet to wear!

So why is my 6th form tie and prefects badge glaring out form the top of the page? Well today is not a promising day for I, Lady Lainey and I have decided that I need to take positive action, show who is in charge and be more assertive. Not sure if it will have any effect but I am sure that you will hear about it one way or another soon. Cryptic aren't I???????

So Stuart Broad is joining the team out in New Zealand and is claiming he is fit to play blah blah blah................. I give him two matches before he is crocked! mark my words. And if he isn't I will eat a whole bar of Dairy Milk with Orea's diet or no diet!

Still ongoing is the (boring) story of Shane Warne single handedly changing the face of Australian cricket,

1. All players must either have botox or use Estee Lauder
2. All players must have their teeth bleached to a frightening white colour!
3. All players must turn up to the opening of an envelope when not playing cricket ( preferably with some 'model/actress' who made her name off the back of someone else)
4. All players must report every single thing they do to their  loyal followers on twitter.

Well it was something along those lines. ( I think! 'cos I couldn't be bothered to blinking well read it).#ramblingsofacompletepeanut!

I know that the blogs are a bit on the short side these days but 'tales from the boundary' are hard to come by at the moment, roll on April when I can take up my usual position and get out my box brownie to take pictures of my super fave cricketers ( and coach). And also enjoy a few glasses of fizzy pop because Mr Funky the Chauffeur will be driving.................oh I can hardly contain myself.


Fantastic news in the Vendee Globe ( The Vendee being second home for Dame Didi). Alex Thomson came in 3rd and jolly well done to him in one of the most difficult yacht races. From all accounts he will have a sore head this morning.  Well deserved though, congratulations  Alex.

So over on the footy front


Well it is now the end of January and cousin Rt Ho Hooligan Robbo is still wearing the number 30 shirt at Birmingham ( I will probably have jinxed this now!). he has been there since September and with only a couple of yellow cards under his belt, we are all jolly proud of him! He must try to do whatever he does when the ref isn't looking!!!!

More shattering news came through yesterday from The Blades. Nick Blackman is leaving them to join Reading ( for an undisclosed amount). Good luck Nick. That aside its starting to look a little grim at Bramall Lane. #coyb



So to brighten the mood a little  I thought that I would dip back into the fabulous book 'Bats, Balls & Bails' by Les Scott

'Shane Warne's idea of a balanced diet is a cheeseburger in each hand'   Ian Healy

Average, collective noun for county cricketers

'He looks set for a big innings'  - he'll be out before the end of the over.

And finally

Joel Garner was in Derby whilst playing for Somerset. The tea lady looked at him and said 'My word you're a big lad, how tall are you?', 'I'm six feet eight inches ' replied Garner. 'Oh' she said nudging her friend who was pouring the tea 'Are you all in proportion then?'. 'No ma'am, if I was I would be twelve feet six'.
Naughty tea ladies!!!! Naughtier Joel ;-)

Have a great day where ever you are.









No comments :