Powered By Blogger

Monday 10 December 2012

Work time!




RIP Sir Patrick Moore



After the worst weekend I have had in recent history it is now Monday and I am getting myself ready to go back to super swanky Lady Lainey office. Yesterday I did very little apart from putting some things on eBay and sleeping a lot. I now know I am officially old when the hangover lasts 2 days! So now onward as a teetotaller.

Very sad news to hear of the passing of Sir Patrick Moore, a wonderfully eccentric gentleman who knew more about the stars and the all things skyward than many of us could ever hope to know. A truly amazing man who's passion for astronomy was second to none. Not bad for a boy from Pinner.

Over in India, it looks as if they are going out all guns blazing for the 4th test, India are making sweeping changes to their team  ready for Thursday, whilst I bet that England rest on their laurels and we all know what happens then!! I think for England Bell out, Bairstow in, and that is just one change! However these are just my thoughts!


So its the start of a new week and now only 15 days until Christmas. I still have lots to do including wrapping  presents so I think that will have to go on the list of things to do this week. I also have to get to delivering xmas cards and sorting out exactly what the Dame and I will be eating for Christmas lunch ( Beans on toast??).



On this day 
10th December

1936 Edward VIII abdicates

1992 Dan Maskell 'The voice of Wimbledon 'died

1995 Ricky Ponting make 96 on his test debut


And so still feeling under the weather I am off to super swanky Lady Lainey office, for once not to shout at the 'boys' but to hope that the day goes by quickly enough so that I can come home to bed very soon.




No comments :