Powered By Blogger

Monday 3 December 2012

Winter wonderland







OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its all white outside!!! I knew that it was cold during the night as I had snuggled right down with my hot water bottle ( super essential bed fellow in the icy wastes of the north), however as I wandered bleary eyed into the (newly painted) kitchen this morning I couldn't believe that there were about 2 in of snow in the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers and I can't even see the Deer Park. When I switched 'on't  wireless' its a complete winter wonderland out there, and although it looks pretty, it is going to be a nightmare to get to work!.

So I  am going to have to make this jolly brief as I am going to have to get ready in super fast time, and spend the next goodness knows how long getting to work .

Cricket news.

Interesting article about KP on the BBC news magazine site, and as you know I am not one to promote him in any way. However it does talk about his consistency and how batting averages do not really give a true representation of form.

Still waiting to hear if Joe Root makes his test debut.

Anyone in the Leeds area today can have a wander down to the cricket shop at THE cricket ground, as they are having a little Christmas sale and also having an appearance by someone famous!. Now I would go for Gillespie the Gallant or his Royal Ryanness, however I think that it may be Father Christmas. So have a look down if you can, sadly work and snow mean that I am going to be holed up with Pony Paul and Dan Dan all day, as Job the Jolly is not bothering to even try to come in!! ( only joking he is taking a days holiday).


on this day

3rd December

1931 Alka Seltzer goes on sale ( just in time for Christmas!!)

1948 Don Bradman scores his last century (123) in his own testimonial

1981 David Villa  Spanish footballer was born


So short as this is, I am about to don my Hunters and try to get the Lady Lainey limo out of the garage and make my way to work. Not a great prospect I can tell you!!!.

Hope the sun is shining where ever you are.






No comments :