Powered By Blogger

Thursday 13 December 2012

Test Thursday





See end of blog!!




I Lady Lainey had made the decision last night that I wasn't going to be woken up by TMS this morning as I really am tired so I wanted to just wake up myself without the help of Geoff Boycott ( not the best thing to wake up to..................well him and former Lord Lainey!). So at 5.30am this morning I heard the alarming news that Cook had gone for 1. However the serious upside is TIM BRESNAN is in and JOE ROOT has made his England début. So jolly well done to Joe.( shame Jonny didn't make the team too) Tykes be proud. We are currently 61-2 (6.35am UK time). Bell is still in the squad and I am not the only one alarmed by this.

Sam Earnshaw on Twitter: "Imagine my horror when I wake up and find Patel dropped instead of Bell! Bell to make 8 runs before lbw to Jadeja."


UPDATE 8.45am End of Bell !!!

Oh well its only the first day!!



Super besty ex cricketer friend RMFC gave me a tinkle last night. He has been very busy moving house and is jolly flipping busy with work. However today he is off out and about with none other than former England Captain Andrew Strauss. Wonder what that is all about???? Putting together a rogue England team..................???? Can you call up Ronnie Irani???



NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH
Holy flipping mackerel. I drove home in freezing fog last night that was turning everywhere white as you watched, really strange to see. Today we are not fairing any better with temperatures not rising above -1 according to the man 'on't wireless'. So apart from the usual thermals, I have an extra jumper today as it really is not going to warm up at all. There will be some sunshine but it will make no blinking impression on the ice and frost.

So my advice is just stay in bed!!! at least it is warm.


I thought that  would add a couple more 'funnies from  the fabby book 'Bats, Balls & Bails' by Les Scott which is still making me laugh.


Twelfth man - Drinks waiter ( see above, his Royal Ryanness, drinks waiter, how very dare they!!!!)


Stumped - The state of mind of a Minor County bowler when up against a seasoned first class batsman.

Sweep - the funny one in The Sooty Show

and finally

Single - what a married cricketer thinks he is when he is on tour!


Have a safe and warm day where ever you are. 

No comments :