Powered By Blogger

Sunday 30 December 2012

Mr Funky arriving sooooooonnn!!




Oh my deary me, I have just woken up and  realised that Mr Funky is coming to call for me in an hour to go to the great city of Durham. He will want to go to look at 'outdoors' type shops for when he walks up 'hills' whereas I, Lady Lainey like to look at girly shops with pretty things in, not smelly old hiking socks and meth burning stoves!!!! Do I look like that type of Lady??

Well I am not showered and the orange afro needs washing and I have no idea what to wear..............oh well best get on with the blog.

As you know yesterday was the 150th anniversary of football being played at Bramall Lane, home of the super Blades ( who sadly went down 3-2 to the Monkey Hangers). However I had been fed duff information, having sat through 'Football Focus' (which is not my preferred viewing) with not a whiff of The Blades, I fended off texts from The Dame who had also put her life on hold to watch it. But then at 8pm last night it all became clearer. The whole piece was on 'The League show' on BBC1 at 00.00 last night/ this morning. Well how the 'Donald Duck' was I supposed to stay awake until that time and I couldn't record it either so I very sadly missed it and am a tad p*****d orff. However Happy Birthday to Bramall Lane and lets see 150 more years ( OK I won't and you won't). No building an  'out of town super stadium'.
Dame Didi and I love Sheffield and stay at The Copthorne Hotel when we go , which just happens to be attached to the Bramall Lane football ground!!! ( I don't like the 'Sheffield Eye' though and got jolly scardy when I went on it).

After the great news that Wiggo is to become a 'Sir' it appears that he is amused and bemused by the whole thing. Well all I can say is that Bradley you are a true champion and deserve the Knighthood. You have excelled in your sport and brought home a title to the UK that we never expected to have.

Over in cricket I fear that my love of the game and players is causing waves of retirement. First the old gang McGrath and Gillespie went, then as I nurtured a new crop of Australians they started falling by the way side. Brett Lee announcing his retirement after being injured at Chester Le Street ( and I was there, I wanted to administer first aid as I got a badge in Brownies.........sadly it was for stamp collecting), now  Mike Hussey  is retiring from all forms of International cricket and I saw him play this summer. Of course Ramps retired ( and got an MBE in the New Years Honours). I am seriously worried that his Royal Ryanness may decide to go down this road and I am not relishing that day!

Well this is not getting the 'barnet' washed and Mr Funky will be banging the door down very soon, so just to say that in all the excitement of the birthday celebrations I forgot to mention the Mighty Whites and Birmingham,. Well best to have forgotten as they both lost!!

Happy Sunday and Dame Didi your comments haven't come through so try again please.
STOP PRESS just found the comment, put your name on it you 'donut'

'sob sob'

No comments :