Powered By Blogger

Friday 28 December 2012

Lady Lainey ventures forth










Well, well, well, quelle surprise, it is blowing a gale outside and lashing down with rain  and I really want to batten down the hatches and snuggle up in my blanky and watch rubbish on TV but.........................I have to venture forth into the storm and travel to the far off land of Acklam ( its near Middlesbrough you know!) where I have to chat to the organ grinder whilst the monkey makes my coffee. I am however taking the some biscuits as an offering for the hard work that they have put into sorting out my insurances etc for Tykes Towers.

Then I will travel the long and winding road ( A66) back to the County of Durham and lie around on the sofa drinking French coffee and watching rubbish on the TV whilst attempting to knit a cricket jumper tea cosy.

So yesterday Mr Funky turned up 2 hours early at my house and was very surprised to see me in my PJ's and dressing gown ( not as surprised as I was to see him!) so I rushed around like a flipping mad thing and finally got my tiara on straight and we went to town for coffee and cake. We also went to check out paint for my dining room and I have finally settled on 'Platinum Grey' ( well it couldn't be silver could it??).

The rest of the day was a blur of sleep and texts and tweets and updated Facebook status and by bedtime I was totally exhausted again! The modern world is way too tiring!.

On this day

28th December

1923 Gustave Eiffel died

1934 Dame Maggie Smith born ( mummy of the lovely Toby Stevens)

1954 Denzel Washington born

And yes Dame Didi I know this is short but I have to get a wriggle on and YOU have to get the kettle on!

A bientot



No comments :