Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 December 2012

Its Tiara Flipping Friday

It F(ryan)day again!!!


Woohooo its flipping fabby Friday and I Lady Lainey am super bouncier today as 'big boss' of Lady lainey company, Sir Simon of Staines is coming to take us all out for lunch ( I love food me!!). We are going to the fave haunt of all of us, The Oven in Duke Street, and I am salivating already!!

Also finally it looks as if everything  with  Tykes Towers is sorted so a double celebration whoop di doooooo!!!

Now just got to tick the other 25,00000 things off my 'worry' list!!!!

However lets take a step back to yesterday and what happened in India between  6.30am  (Thursday 6th December) UK time and now, 6.30am UK Time ( Friday 7th December). Cook is now on  167 having made 150 for the 7th time in a test and a record breaking 23 test centuries.. He was dropped ( again) on 152 and is still going. Trott is on 66 and Compton was out for 57. So England are currently standing on 296. Trott is on his  13th test 50, the first of this series.. So they are now at lunch and lets see what the day holds.

Other sporty news

The Tykes footy teams are in action tomorrow

The Blades are away to Carlisle
And The Mighty Whites are away to  Derby


Meanwhile in Brum

Birmingham City are away to Wolves which isn't that far to travel really!


On this day
7th December

1961 Madame Tussaud born in Strasbourg

1997 Billy Bremner died

1984 Alan Borders 1st Test cricket match as captain of Australia

2006 A tornado struck Kensal Green in London  damaging 150 properties

The weather is wet and horrible today ( it would be as I have washed my hair and am putting on a pretty frock on to go out for lunch!) and so now I am waiting for Job the Jolly to come and get me in the Jolly Jobbers jalopy and whisk me off to super swanky Lady Lainey office. Depending on how the wine flows at lunchtime I may be late posting my blog tomorrow!!!






No comments :