Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 11 December 2012

It's Thierry Tuesday









Now as you all know I Lady Lainey am a super mad cricket fan, and love cricket more than chocolate and wine ( especially after Friday!!), however I do have a soft spot for super fabby footballers ( including cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo) and as I heard the news that the wonderful va va voomy Thierry Henry is set to return to The Arsenal for a few weeks I can see that I will be keeping a close eye on the teams success. Lets see some great football and hopefully Arsene smiling!. I am wondering when we will see the return of super smiley Lee Sharpe????

T-2 days to the 4th test and I have everything crossed that Bairstow and Bresnan get a look in this time. I know that once we go into T20's they will be given the nod along with Joe Root, but thats not good enough for me!!. Tykes United, bring out the Yorkshire guns.


Loving the fact that Dame Didi has been looking at getaways to Iceland ( yes I know I hate cold but I want to see the Northern Lights). Fingers crossed that we can go as it will be a great experience. I also would like to go to the Blue Lagoon and to Jokulsarlon where they filmed scenes from James Bond's Die another Day with Pierce Brosnan and the 'lovely' Toby Stephens. I wonder how best to wear my tiara with a woollie bobble hat???

Also she has given me her requested menu for Christmas lunch, so better get my flipping act together and start the shopping.At least I only have that and the presents to wrap.

Also it is now just over a week until I meet up with Countess Culshaw and the 'gorgeous' Sir Samuel in Leeds for the weekend. This hopefully will start off the festive festivities well and truly, I know that the Countess will be shocked ( nay dismayed) that I am on the wagon, but after the weekend, I think that my liver needs a real detox!


NORTHEAST WEATHER WATCH

Well we were bracing ourselves for the worst weather, which was supposed to be hitting us yesterday afternoon, 'the Beast from the East' was due to 'pounce' on us  but as if yet we are wondering if it has changed its mind.

However this morning it is freezing cold and icy in areas, so the drive to super swanky Lady Lainey office is going to be a joy! We are expecting snow showers this afternoon, so I am wrapping up warm and have the usual provisions in the car.

On this day

11th December

1967 Richard Stemp Tyke cricketer born


1970 Test cricket debut of Greg Chappell

1979 Geoff Boycott scores a century in a limited over international


and so ending with crickety bits, I leave for work!!!

No comments :