Powered By Blogger

Thursday 8 November 2012

List made, now fingers crossed.....


On my wish list?




Whoopdi doooo this time next week it will be the birthday of moi, Yorkshire born besty cricket fan, Auntie/sister in the world, Lady Lainey. I am soooooo excited, I love my birthday. I have made a little list of some things that I would like

  • Sir Sean of Bean
  • HUGE bouquet of white flowers delivered by Gillespie the Gallant and his Royal Ryanness
  • Yorkshire life membership ( actually a years membership would suffice)
  • Ticket to the First test next Thursday( and plane ticket and hotel)
  • Case of Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque Rose ( just for me !!)
  • House in the Champagne region !!!

I actually don't think  I stand a cat in hells chance of getting any of those, so I would like a card from my nephews and a flipping  big fattening cake. As well as a 'typical' weekend away with the Dame.

The England team  are in action today  (4pm GMT). however Graeme Swann has had to fly back to the UK as his daughter is ill, our thoughts are with him and his family. He has said that he will be returning for the first test so fingers crossed. This is actually quite good as it looks as if we will be without Finn and Broad, and Ian Bell will be away for the 2nd test as he will be flying home for the birth of his baby. Well what can you say!!

Other sporty news
'Wiggo' is in hospital after being knocked off his bike near Wigan, you wouldn't want to be that car driver would you????

In footy Rod Stewart ( YES!!! Rod Stewart) burst into tears when Celtic beat Barcelona. Well I know how he feels I got like that a lot towards the end of the cricket season with my beloved Tykes!!!

NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

Well it is cold but dry here in the north east of Blighty and my advice is even if you see the sun shining through the office window DO NOT be lulled into a false sense of security. It is still flipping freezing outside.
Outfit of the day.... woolly tights, boots and warm jumper and skirt, topped off with a coat and scarf and gloves ( I am avoiding the hat today it is playing havoc with my orange curls!).



On this day

8th November

1431 Vlad  the Impaler was born

1847 Bram Stoker was born

1976 Brett Lee Super Australian bowler born
1987 Australia beat England by 7 runs to win the Cricket World Cup


Have a great day were ever you are and I hope that it is warm!!!

No comments :