Powered By Blogger

Sunday 18 November 2012

Frosty and chilly





Flipping Frosty at Tykes Towers


Holy freezerooni, I got out of bed this morning and it was  frosty and cold!, so I quickly jumped back in and went back to sleep for an hour ( hence me writing this at 7.53am UK time!)

Yesterday was quiiet at Tykes Towers,I went to call for M'Lady Margaret and we 'popped' to the local shops for some supplies and then had a cup of tea and a chat.I then came back to the Towers and had a little nap.

Which is probably what the England team were being accused of ....being caught napping. They were all out for 191 in reply to India's 521-8. Bell was out for a duck, which begs the question, why was he playing when he is going to miss the 2nd test as he is flying home for the birth of his baby. You either are available to play all matches or you don't play at all ( Lady Lainey's thoughts!). And Bell  remember there are plenty of up and coming players knocking at the door! Someone open it please!!!!
 And so they followed on and sadly defeat is looming. Pieterson and Bell fell in successive balls ( at least Bell got 22). Pieterson on whom lots of people are pinning their hopes scored 2!!! So once again I lady Lainey sit back and wonder why I am not up there with the selectors!! The only cheery point of this whole shabby show is that Cook is on 126 no out as I type.


And so it is with a very smiley face that I can announce that the Blades ( Sheffield United)  won 4-1 against Stevenage. Shaun Miller scoring twice  which takes them up to second in the league. Flipping heck I think that Sir Sean of Bean and Lady Lainey must be the happiest people outside of Sheffield!!

However over in Brum, Birmingham City lost to Hull and cousin Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo was playing. So come on boys lets get back to winning ways.


The Mighty Whites are in action today so #coyl!!

Over in America for F1 Vettel is on pole. And he will win the title if he scores 15 points more that Alonso in this race. Baron Button is down in 12th place but I know that he will drive jolly fast and hopefully will be on the podium. His team mate ( and I use that term loosely) is making headlines for other reasons, after the FIA had asked drivers to tone down their language on the podium when they are interviewed. HE goes one better by having H.A.M on his helmet. ( which apparently stands for 'hard as a m*****f*****). Now I wonder would you want your children to look up to someone who does something so senseless. No me either!!! And obviously he thinks he is above being reprimanded. Why is it that some sports men  ( a certain footballer JT, a cricketer KP and LH) think that they are free to do and say what they want. #toobigfortheirboots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh its Sunday morning and I was off on a full scale rant there, I don't know some boys make me jolly cross. So with no further ado I think I will get make myself some breakfast and calm myself down.

have a super Sunday where ever you are.




No comments :