Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Excitement is mounting










Its Wednesday!!!! and now only 3 more 'getty ups' until I go off for my supersonic weekend with Dame Didi. With the exception of having nothing to wear, I am really looking forward to our mad weekend away.

I called in to see my Aunt/Godmother Betty Boop after work the other evening, she hasn't been too well of late. We had a natter about whether I see Former Lord Lainey now that I am in Tykes Towers which is around the corner from former marital home  'Toners Folly'. I said that I had glanced him once but luckily I had not seen him since. We chatted on along the lines

Auntie Betty Boop  Are you courting? ( google it if you don't know the meaning)

Lady Lainey  You must be flipping joking

Auntie Betty Boop   Would you get married again

Lady Lainey   Yes after I have performed a frontal lobotomy on myself

Auntie Betty Boop  Would you live with a man

Lady Lainey Not a chuffing chance, too much hassle and they leave the toilet seat up!

Auntie Betty Boop  Yes that's how I feel, I don't think that I want to get married or live with a man again either. Not now that I am 83.

I, Lady Lainey drive home wondering if Auntie Betty Boop would have considered it at 82????? 

She also gave me the good news that I can go out and buy a super massive big hat as cousin The Great Gibson is getting married in April. Woooohooooo party!!!! I am super bouncy excited, I love a good wedding as long as its not mine, or Dame Didi's!!!



My Tyke football teams were kicking a pigs bladder around last night

The Blades  drew 0-0 against Swindon

The Mighty whites lost 1-0 to Burnley


And over in Brum

Birmingham City  beat Bristol 2-0


In India the murmurings  are that Joe Root may make his test début and open the batting next week, now that should be news worthy on my Birthday! However there appear to be about 3 millions other names being banded about to open the innings so lets just wait and see.

Australia are laying down the gauntlet already, Stuart Law saying that their Ashes preparation is well under way. ( Big  Swallow) I think they mean business!!!

NORTH EAST WEATHER WATCH

6.22am  North East of Blighty 7/11/12

At the moment it is damp due to some over night rain, and there may be showers during the day. There is absolutely no chance of temperatures being bikini weather and so I would advise, thermals, 2 jumpers and a pair of wellies and an umbrella in the boot of the car just in case. Hat, scarf and gloves are essential..

And finally over in America Barack Obama was re-elected as President.










No comments :