Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Yorkshire match day








There super  bit of crickety news as far as I, Lady Lainey am concerned today. Yorkshire have their match against  Sydney Sixers today . I for one will be donning my Yorkshire shirt ( not what it originally said but well spotted by eagle eyed Dame Didi) and waving a white rose. I know the boys have been training hard and I have every faith in them, so #coyt.

The sad bit of crickety news is that Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe has been diagnosed with cancer. Martin and his brother Jeff (also a Kiwi captain) are cousins of actor Russell Crowe. I Lady Lainey as well as all cricket fans wish Martin all the best in his fight against this terrible disease.

And lastly on the cricket front, the ECB have apologised to Cricket south Africa for  the allegations made regarding KP!!!!!!!!!!!!! However in response CSA acting  Chief Executive Jacques Faul replied 'This is not how you play cricket' As the message was deleted by the ECB, they replied that they had blinding reassurances form Pieterson that the text messages were not derogatory before accepting his apology and handing him a  new 4 month contract!! and so endeth this weeks rant regarding 'FIGJAM'.

The Lance Armstrong debate still rages on,  and I for one wonder if anything will ever be resolved in the matter.


Well it was obviously a boring old weekend for the paps who were out and about in Hampstead and managed to find Sir Sean of Bean ( or Lord Lainey as he should be). Sadly the hack that wrote the accompanying piece was less than flattering about Sir Sean.Stating that he looked dishevelled and worse for wear, Well it was Sunday he was having a quiet drink in his local not prancing around on a film set or turning up for an opening night. And then  some idiot starts snapping him. I am not surprised he loses his temper so often. They were obviously trying to get a picture of him with me!!!!


on this day
16th October

1975 Jacques kallis born

1978 pope John Paul II was elected 264th Pope

1995 Brian Lara score 169 in Sharjah  ODI against Sri Lanka

1995 West Indies win  ODI in Sharjah  333-7  in 50 overs. Sri Lanka 329 all out.

 On the home front.no further work last night at Tykes Towers, I was completely worn out after work, so maybe a spot of painting this evening.However it is raining most of the time at the moment so I think that the railings will have to be put onto a back burner for the time being.

So I am putting on my slap, attempting to comb my orange (birdsnest) curls and getting ready to face the rush to Darlington and super swanky office of Lady Lainey.








No comments :