Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Yorkshire and proud!








I have never been prouder to be a Tyke! The boys played so well in South Africa and should be very very proud of themselves. Yesterday they took on Chennai Super Kings and put up a spirited fight, especially Gary Ballance and his amazing sixes ( all five of them!!!). I bet at the beginning of the season on that freezing cold Sunday at the friendly  against former besty home county of Durham, Yorkshire never for one moment envisioned their season continuing until nearly November. And so as the boys board the plane to come back to cold, wet, foggy, miserable Blighty, I hope that they do so with their heads held high. #COYT #bestyteamintheland. I can't wait for next season. Go team Yorkshire.


Yesterday they announced that Lance Armstrong was being stripped of all his Tour De France titles, which is sad but necessary I guess. A very sad end to what had appeared to be an amazing career. I do not think that this is the last that we will hear about this, even thought Lance is not fighting to clear his name any more.

Also the jolly silly chap who attacked the Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper on Friday night has not only been named and shamed ( which I won't be doing as its out there on the internet) but sentenced to 4 months in prison, banned from football matches for 5 years. However the Mighty Whites have banned him for life. I guess he won't be doing that again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Today it is only Job the Jolly and I in the office as Pony Paul and Dan Dan have gone off on a jolly to Doncaster ( now if that had been me I would have gone much further afield!). No doubt Jobbers and I Lady lainey can set the whole of the cricket world to rights in 7.5 hours.

Worrying news is that two of the Royal Hounds Tyson and Sheba are not too well. Tyson has been out of sorts for a month or so and has now got a little bit worse. Sheba is having a spot of trouble walking so they are being pampered at home with Countess Christine of McNally instead of racing round the Garage at Tim'll Fix It's. Last night when I made a royal visit I was only 'loved to death' by Bella, Leo and Benji ( the French kissing Border Collie). I am calling to see the other two this evening.

Mr Funky ( the chauffeur)has asked me to go to the quiz night at the Cricket Club tonight and he will buy me a couple of limeades. I am only going until 10pm as I have to be asleep in bed by 10.30pm or I am a jolly grumpy Lady Lainey and the boys in the office don't like me when I am grumpy ( actually not sure that they like me at all!).
Mr Funky ( the chauffeur) has only asked me to go because I know lots of random things like why Dolly the first cloned sheep was called Dolly, what 'arras' are, and what TARDIS means. (well doesn't everyone?). So I will have to slap on some make up, possibly comb the wild orange curls and put on my least favourite tiara ( it is only the local cricket club,not Headingley!!!), and WALK down to meet him.

Have a great day where ever you are.

#WAYAW

No comments :