Powered By Blogger

Friday 12 October 2012

Itsssss Friday!!!!





Mr & Miss Wise




So whilst The Tykes nursed sore heads, tweeted about their dancing styles and generally had a much deserved celebration , besty team in the South ( Hampshire) went out to play their final match, no chance of going through now but hoping to go home with a win Sadly it wasn't to be and Hampshire are now packing their bags to grab the first flight home.


Other crickety news, more mumblings about KP, also Stuart Broad has his autobiography out, 'My World in Cricket' at the ripe old age of 26! For goodness sake wait until you are 30 and then it may be more exciting, now if I wrote a book about my life............................................ well you will have to wait and see. Harold Robbins eat your heart out (I blinking well wish!). Haha I am laughing so much about titles etc I nearly lost my tiara.

Fab news over at F1 Monisha Kaltenborn has become Formula One's first female team principal after taking over from Peter Sauber at his eponymous team.
Kaltenborn, 41, already held the role of chief executive officer and will immediately take on the additional responsibilities at this weekend's Korean Grand Prix as 68-year-old Sauber takes a back seat.
Great stand for the ladies in a male dominated sport. And also big shout out to Baron Button who will be racing this weekend. Lets get on the podium this week!!.

All fingers are pointing at former super cycling blokey, Lance Armstrong. Not a happy outcome to what had appeared to be a terrific career.

I am on countdown from this weekend when it will be 4 weeks until my supersonic birthday bash with Dame Didi, think I have found a frock to wear, just need to find a nice restaurant for dinner. I can hardly contain myself I am so excited about it..........but you will have to wait and see what we are doing.



On this day in history

12th October

2002  Lady Lainey got married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( I won't be doing that again!)

2002  2 bombs exploded in Bali nightclub district killing 202 and injuring 209

1964  Fanie De Villers, cricketer (great South African pace bowler) was born

1996  Jack Robertson, cricketer (Middex & Eng open bat 11 Tests), dies at 79




And so its Friday and  am super excited at the prospect of more work at Tykes Towers. I really must get the wallpapering done this weekend!. I have checked the 5 day weather forecast and it appears that there may not be any spots of rain over Tykes Towers so I must also make an effort to paint some more of the railings.

 Finally a thought for besty friend Duchess Debbie the Wise. Today is 3 years since she lost her lovely daddy Count Kenneth the Wise. A great person and cracking Rolf Harris impersonator!! ( according to her Serene Highness my mummy), but more importantly a fantastic husband, dad and granddad, And missed by all.









No comments :