Powered By Blogger

Monday 29 October 2012

BBRRRRRR!!!! Its winter

Durham Cathedral

Well its soooo blinking freezing here in Lady Lainey land that I really think that this year having missed summer, has now missed autumn and gone straight into winter!!  So getting ready for work in (flipping freezing) super swanky Lady Lainey office will now become a military operation.

Thermals on                                YES

Hat scarf and gloves                    YES

Flask of hot soup                        YES

Hunters in boot of car                 YES

Shovel in boot of car                   YES

get back into super warm bed      YES  YES   YES!!!!!


NO NO NO actually get a wriggle on girl and get yourself off to work!!! After the snow at the weekend I am not taking any chances. Tim'll Fix It has done the winter checks on new Lady Lainey limo so I have put the other things in plus a couple of blankets and and a very fetching Hi Vis triple lined coat (courtesy of work). So I think that I have covered all bases in the event that I get snowed in my car on the way to or from work!!!

Over at the CLT20 Sydney Sixers beat Highveld Lions to take the title, and jolly well done to them. And at the Hong Kong Sixes, The Nethelands lost to Australia in the Plate Final and South Africa beat Pakistan in the cup final. Its been a cracking bit of cricket over the weekend and I bet there are some sore heads this morning!!!.
There are rumours afoot that TMS ( Test Match Special super brilliant English cricket show) may not be broadcast over the test series in India, I am looking into this as we speak and it looks as if it comes down to BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) asking for rather a lot of money. I am sure there will be more about this over the coming days.

Oh dear just when you thought that it was safe to watch footy with out any nasty comments reports filter through that the refs are at it now!! Stamp it out!!!!

And sadly over in India, Baron Button only managed 5th place, but he got round and that's the main thing ( OK winning is the main thing!).

So as I bundle myself up against the elements and look out on a very grey sky, I wish all readers a jolly good Monday morning, and I hope that Dame Didi has changed her clocks, not like yesterday ( it must be a family thing!)

Bon journee tout le monde











No comments :