Powered By Blogger

Thursday 18 October 2012

Another Tykes Match day








Flipping heck its raining again!!!! and at this rate I will be getting webbed feet. Not only that but my orange curls quickly turn to mad orange afro as I go to work. Not a good look for anyone and especially not for Lady Lainey!!!! Lets have some lovely Autumnal sunshine.......please!!!

Well its another Tykes match day today and I for one am super ready for it!. Twitter has been a little quiet of  Yorkshire boys, Gillespie the Gallant tweeted ,disappointing result but they will bounce back'. I know they will and have every faith in them. So a huge shout out for the boys #COYT.

Former England player Alec Stewart gave an interview to the BBC regarding T20 matches, He confirmed that they have a merit and a place in English cricket but went on to say that getting the best overseas player to England is getting harder due to congested fixtures around the world. I for one think that this is the time that clubs in England start to look for more home grown talent ( and I know they do) but to bring them through as the stars of the future. Sometime the huge sums of money splashed around in the IPL is frightening and some players spend the remainder of their careers travelling around the world as a T20 'mercenary'. However lets keep the game in England about the county system. T20 has its place as a money spinner for clubs but lets keep it in prospective.

Also yesterday Pony Paul and I had a massive binge at lunchtime as we were the only ones in the office. Corned beef pie,mushy peas and roast potatoes from Taylors in Darlington (jolly well known in these parts for their Pork Pies) . Followed by a fresh cream scone. I felt quite sick after all that and realised that I am supposed to be on a diet! Oh well better luck with it today!!!. I will never fit into my super dooper birthday party frock at this rate!.

Also last night watched the most amazing (and 100th edition) of 'Grand Designs' OMG I am always telling Dame Didi when I am in France that I want to buy, renovate and live in a water tower, well, these people did just that. Not sure if readers abroad get this programme but it was incredible!!.


The Blades were in action last night in the Johnstone Paint Trophy match. And they are one step closer to Wembley, with a brilliant win of 4-1 win against Notts County. Shaun miller scoring 2 goals either side of half time. Excellent result and next round early December. At least this will have given Sir Sean of bean something  to smile about.


.

No comments :