Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 September 2012

War continues





This is war!! ( and any excuse for a Dolph pic!!)

YUK! YUK! AND YUK! I now have a slug graveyard along the line of salt by my back door making it now impossible for I, Lady Lainey to step into the vast grounds of Tykes Towers in my Jimmy Choos!
Between the slug corpses and the frogs I am a captive in my house! Think I will have to get Mr Funky to come and clean up the mess and then I may venture forth once more into the garden.

After work yesterday I went out and wood stained the gate which now looks wonderful I also chopped down the bushes in 'The Deer Park' ( as Mr Funky calls one part of the garden). Jobs left to do outdoors
  1. Clean the patio
  2. Paint the garage door and million railing around the front of Tykes Towers
  3. Have super massive bonfire
  4. Have gravel put down outside the kitchen
  5. Have a bucket of wine to celebrate a job well done.
Now to the important things CRICKET,
over at Headingley YORKSHIRE WON!!!!!!! and a storming 6 wicket win it was too. Gillespie the Gallant must be very proud of his boys. The promotion charge now goes down to 4 days at Chelmsford next week. I am bouncing already,#coyt

Down at former besty team in the south, Hampshire Essex put on a cracking batting display scoring 475 which leaves Hants  to score 353 to win. Could be a good day at The Rose Bowl today.

Other sporty news

 Sunday is the Grand Prix at Monza and Dame Didi is now on Twitter, tweeting Baron Button, encouraging him to another win.  It will be fun in La Belle France when we are both fighting over the 'tablet' to see what is going on!

T20 at Chester le Street tomorrow, England v South Africa and I Lady Lainey will be in my usual position.

Tomorrow also sees the Presentation evening at Super Shildon BR CC.


Well yipdeskip it is Friday, last day of the working week and only 8 days until I am on that plane to La belle France which has now all changed again, instead of flying to Paris and then on to Nantes, now the plane is going to Amsterdam and then Nantes, so after all the chopping and changing by Air France and KLM I  am hoping that they may consider either letting me fly from Durham Tees Valley airport or give me use of the super swanky first class lounge at Manchester. We will see.

No comments :