Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Slugwars day 2 and day 1 Tykes report











Slugwars Day 2

Well I Lady Lainey decided to go down the  less chemical route last night, ( I was tempted to have a vat of boiling oil to pour on the slimy little blighters) so a huge amount of salt around the back door with a handful of slug pellets for good measure to see if it would stop them getting in ( OK I know the slug pellets are not nice, but nor is slime on your carpet!). No trace this morning but to on the safe side I will be donning my camouflage paint and going commando(!!!) later this evening and putting down 'Slug Killer'. Also on the patio a bowl of beer to drown them in ( at least they will have a party before they go!).

Its cricket again whoopdedoo!!! and over at in super besty  home team of Yorkshire it was the first day of their match with Glamorgan. WOOOOHOOOO super splendid triffy news............yes you've guessed it his Royal Ryanness was back in the team.  I was bouncing around super swanky Lady Lainey office when I saw the team listed on Twitter ( or 'Titter'! as my auto correct keeps putting in!). 
So they won the toss and elected to field.. His Royal Ryanness took 2 wickets ( back on form I see!), but Patterson took 4! well done that man. Glamorgan were all out for 272. In reply Yorkshire closed the day on 20-0. #coyt #goingup#strongunit


Super besty home team in the South, Hampshire (now on the black list due to beating my Tykes in the T20 final) had a cracking day down at The Rose Bowl ( yes I know it has some silly sponsor name, but it was originally named the The Rose Bowl ) They had Essex at 7-1  and then 25-2 very very early on. And even though they are still in my bad books, I couldn't help but smile, as two of the clubs that I watched regularly when I lived in London  were slugging it out! Then 25-3 in the 13th over so it was looking good in Southampton. actually they did jolly well and got Essex out for 180 with David Balcombe reaching his 50th First class wicket. A terrific bowling display shown by Hampshire who were 165-4 in reply at close of play.

Pony Paul  'Draughtsboy' in Swanky Lady Lainey office had been for a 'wild' weekend in Blackpool  ( For the love of god, I could think of far wilder places to go) and only just made it into the office today. He looks rough and I for one am not going  to ask what kind of shenanigans they got up to! Roy 'Chubby' Brown was mentioned so at that point I completely tuned out as I realised that it was some hideous boy bonding/drinking/pleasure beaching thing. And I bet they never took a change of undies either!.Boys are horrid!!!

Only 10 days until I am flying off to La Belle France, I am getting so excited now that even the mental bidding on my junk on ebay is not even coming close to the thought of what Dame Didi and I will unexpectedly get up to! 'Marseillaise' whistling parrots, dead Easter bunnies,mermaids on the beach at St Gille Crois de Vie and  Glands (  my favourite moment in Hyper U  screaming with laughter much to the Dames horror when she saw the said cakes!!!), Prune Jam ( 'It'll make you sh**e through the eye of a needle'),Viktor, and 'Wobin' as well as S.O. dog, are previous highlights. I hope that we don't get shot at again this September!!!!!




Glands! What do you think the English translation is???? Answer tomorrow



No comments :