Powered By Blogger

Sunday 9 September 2012

England V South Africa



BEAUTIFUL!


Its a lovely sunny September morning here at Tykes Towers and before I race outside to continue painting the railings I will give you a quick update on yesterday.

I, Lady Lainey , did some painting, raced into the Towers to get ready for Mr Funky to arrive and he was AN HOUR! late, now this is happening a little too often, and quite worrying as he is taking me to the airport next week ( which airport still not sure about!). he made some excuse about works open day, going to the top of new building, blah blah , official capacity, whinge, moan. So I switched off and off we went to Chester Le Street. We arrived to see that England ladies had beaten the West Indian ladies, and settled down to eat lunch and drink coffee ( yes no wine etc for her Ladyship....shock....breaking news.....no wine!!!! it will become clear later)

I can give an outline of the England v South Africa match in  a few words. Not worth the money we paid to go!. However it was very sunny, we saw the 'robocam' Sky camera man ( he is always popping up), and talked to a lovely family from Driffield. Then Mr Funky drove me home and I had to do a very quick change into Mrs Ordinary to go to the presentation evening at Super Shildon BR CC.And off I drove ( hence no wine at cricket!)

The flowers above ( BEAUTIFUL cream roses and as most people know I , Lady lainey only like white or cream flowers, odd really when red is my favourite colour. Cheap date on Valentines Day though, no red roses for me YUKKY!!). along with a bottle of fizz and 2 bottles of Merlot,  were my gift for my service to the men of the club ( actually that sounds a tad rude!). They were the clubs way of saying thank you for the teas that I have provided for them.

Sat with Rt Hon Robbo Jr, Rt Hon Robbo Middle and the Fair Florence and Super Jim ( Robbo Jr besty mate in the whole world). Had a 'wild' evening, playing bingo (YES!), listening to a club singer ( YES!), and then pulling some raffle tickets out of a box. Actually it was a really lovely evening I was totally exhausted when I climbed into my bed at midnight!.
And now I am preparing to go back out and paint, paint,paint!

Hopefully pics of the new improved Tykes Towers will be posted soon.


Oh yes forgot to say     'COME ON JENSON', who is second place on the grid behind that other person! So lets have the double today.


No comments :