Powered By Blogger

Monday 10 September 2012

A job (part) well done



This is how I am feeling this morning, Dog tired!, I started painting yesterday  before 8am and was stopped at midday by Tzarina Katerina arriving and then got back to it half an hour later, I carried on until it rained at about 3.30pm and by that time I had managed to paint 8 of the 26 railings that surround the outside if Tykes Towers, I am beginning to know how the men feel that paint the Forth Road Bridge!

I will not give up until the railings are complete ( or I fly off to La belle France which ever comes first). I have to say though that a lick of black paint has made all the difference to the look of the outside of the house and I am jolly proud of myself, I am however covered in metal paint, in places that I have no idea how it got there!, I am also sporting a very 'goth' paint effect on my nails!.

And so I am on wind down this week for my jollies, although I doubt there will be any 'wind down' at super swanky Lady Lainey office as huge mega big job in Wembley ( autocorrect has brought up Wombles for this, I am laughing so much!) is ongoing and lots of things to do before I go away.

Back to all things sporty,

Well all the years of build up ( and building, we were involved in the transformation of the stations on the DLR) for the Olympics and Paralymics all came to a close last night and that is it for good old Blighty. It all seemed to run smoothly and we didn't do too badly in the medals either. So well done one and all.


Over at Monza the wonderful Baron Button showed what a true sportsman he is, when his car came to a halt and he was out of the race. According to Dame Didi, he got out of his car and waved to all the crowd and was also a perfect sportsman when interviewed. How different from his 'team mate' last week after the crash. The aforementioned person went on to win, so hopefully he was more forthcoming when interviewed!.

Football on Saturday saw the Blades draw with Scunthorpe 1-1.

and we are one day away from the start of the big match at Chelmsford. Promotion push for the Tykes, sick feeling in the pit of Lady Laineys tummy, and every faith in my boys!.

Well time to don my suit and fluff my curls and off to the office for work, hope the boys have got the kettle on or there will be hell to pay!

Have a great day where ever you are.

No comments :