Powered By Blogger

Friday 17 August 2012

Rain Rain, went away for my Tykes







Its cold, windy and looks like rain  here in Co Durham but it is Friday!and better still I have the whole weekend to myself, no cricket teas!! So Lady Lainey is going to get on at Tykes Towers finally get sorted. ( eBay is currently groaning under the weight of my items for sale).

I, Lady Lainey was a little taken aback yesterday by Baron Bresnan not being included in the test team, actually I did say the odd naughty word ( damn and blast!!), however he dashed up the M1 to Leeds to join Big Tyke Team. Jonny Bairstow  however was in test team so big Tyke shout out for him.

Yorkshire were able to finally get back out to bat  at Headingley yesterday too  and at lunchtime were 244-3 (sadly Lyth didn't get his century even though I Lady Lainey was willing him to). At tea they were 341-5 and I was super excited with my Tykes. After tea The Tykes went into over drive and scored maximum batting points. At close Derbyshire were 28-1 with Baron Bresnan getting a wicket with the final ball of the day. #COYT #SUPERSTRONGUNIT #BESTCOACH. Lady Lainey super bouncy happy.

Former super besty county of Durham were playing at Nottingham and were all out for 194 ( I think I put the jinx on it when I saw 194-9 on twitter and said they may make 200!!!). When they came back Onions went into bowl like a mad thing and took 5 wickets! Holy Moly this is how they should have been looking at the beginning of the season. He finished on a career best 9-67 Well done Mr Onions, you single handedly crushed Notts. However, we will see what today brings..

Just a post script to my piece about a Durham player who was banned for drink driving. It was reported that he  was banned for 40 months, now this appears to possibly be shortened to 30 months if he does a Drink driving awareness course! When he was banned previously for 20 months he did this course. Am I the only person in the world who can see that if it had no impact on him the first time its not really going to have any impact this time, only in effect shortening the amount of time he is kept from being behind the wheel of a car. OK rant over, but just to say that I personally would like to have a chat with him regarding living daily with the end result of drink driving.  OK FINISHED NOW YOU CAN SWITCH BACK ON!!!! #interestedtoknowif hehearsaboutthis


Super besty ex cricketer friend RMFC was 'pumped up' at 8.30am yesterday morning as he was off to Lords. with his mates to the rousing cry of 'COYE'. I am assuming he had a great time. Hopefully he made it home in one piece. South Africa seemed to lose  wickets quite quickly but closed the day on 262-7.

Count Christophe called me at lunchtime yesterday to let me know his results.( he is mid way through A' levels). Not as good as he was expecting, but has promised to pull his socks up, knuckle down and not go to Saltburn drinking cider so that his super besty Auntie Lady Lainey has to get him home!! However he is off to London with the Rt Hon Richard for a week and hopefully they will both have a great time.


Also today is the 5th anniversary of my 'freedom', not that I am counting though!!!!

Woohoo best tiara at the ready Dame Didi and Lady Lainey can whoop it up this weekend!!!




No comments :