Powered By Blogger

Monday 20 August 2012

Rain Rain not again

Happy Birthday RMFC





Blinking heck its Monday again and back to work! Where did the weekend go?

Sunday morning, got up and had a leisurely brekkie with Dame Didi, then horror of horror it looked as if my freezer had kicked its legs up, after some swearing and crying I discovered that the door wouldn't close because it was iced up, well how on earth was I Lady Lainey to know that, isn't that what you have servants for? To sort out small problems. Well as I have no servants I had to sort it out myself .

Dame Didi went home to an empty nest as the monster children are whooping it up with Madam Auntie Marg and Riotous Rog ( the'outlaws' side of the family) down in London.

 By the time I had hung some pictures, put up a mirror, emptied more boxes I was 'glowing' like a glowy thing. it was very hot and sunny not at all house unpacking weather . I went to have a shower and when I came out it was RAINING. So all plans were put on hold and I decided to 'eBay' some more of my treasures.( I am clearing things out very nicely, but have to reign myself in from buying things to replace sold items very hard if like Lady Lainey you were born to shop!)

It carried on raining all afternoon and all evening so I binned any thoughts of going out for a walk( well could you imagine Lady Lainey running with her tiara on?????) and just sat and watched a Pilates DVD, that was  as close to doing it as I intended getting.

Cricket was ongoing at the Test, last day today and anything could happen!!!!

Yorkshire were playing Sussex at home, I was following on Twitter and to be honest I was jolly well  nearly sick by the time it got to the last over. Sadly my Tykes lost and this means that they cannot get through to the semi's, however well played boys excellent team, great attitude and top coach! And this week we have 'bigger fish to fry' so 'COYT!!!!

Durham were in action ( well maybe action is too strong a word). And they lost to Notts Outlaws, seriously though,they did  play well  with Mark  Stoneman getting his 2nd consecutive one day century.However the Outlaws ( not the same ones as Dame Didi's) won by 43 runs.

So today it is back to the more mundane tasks at work, Job the Jolly and I will be once again joined by 'Pony' Paul who is back from his annual jollies. Should make for a fun day!.

Today is also the birthday of besty ex cricketer friend RMFC, who will be 21 again, hope he has a great day whatever he is are doing. (he'll say it will be a normal day of business.........methinks monkey business!).


FROGWATCH
The blinking frog now waits for me to go into the extensive grounds of Tykes Towers and then hops out at me, Mr Funky said it is sandy coloured but the one I see is green, so methinks there is a 'hoppy' little frog family living rent free in my grounds. 
YUK!!! I am jolly scared of them and don't like them one little bit!.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho its off to work I go
With a wiggle and a pout
At the 'boys' to shout.
Hi Ho, Hi Ho,Hi Ho Hi Ho..............................





No comments :