Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Olympic Fever & Yorkshire day!








Well it appears that the whole world has got Olympic fever, 'Down under' The Duke of Adelaide has been up at 4am, 4 mornings in a row watching the coverage. You deserve a gold medal for that alone! the only way that I, Lady Lainey would get up at 4am, 4 days in a row is to go and watch my beloved Yorkshire or if Sean Bean was involved and there were buckets of champagne on offer!

I salute The Duke for his devotion to sport and country. He will need a holiday by the time it is all over.

I, Lady Lainey am super excited that down to earth Grand daughter of the Queen, Zara Phillips is doing so well, she always looks as if she is enjoying herself and I guess if you love horses as much as she does it  must be a great. ( another one of Lady Laineys scaredy things is horses, blinking big creatures that are as unpredictable as men and camels!)
It was great to see Zara's mum and Grandad (The Princess Royal and Prince Philip) supporting her as well as her cousins and Aunt, brother and sister in law. A great show of family loyalty.
And the British team won the Silver medal which is brilliant and well done to them all. Zara ( and the rest of the team) got their medals from the Princess Royal ( Mummy to Zara!). And a super dooper well done to North Yorkshire equestrian star Nicola Wilson part of the team and super top Tyke. #COYN

I also like to watch sports that normally you would never get to see ( or make the effort to see), so I have been enjoying the Archery. Most especially as it is all taking place at 'The Home of Cricket' ( yes I know,that you all knew there had to be a reason for me watching it!). I do like Mens Hockey and remember in the olden days when the cream of British Hockey included Calum Giles ( Finest drag flick and  penalty corner taker in the world, he had two rules invented to prevent him coming onto the field to only take penalty corners,and he was well known for this, how jolly unfair for all his fans!), Soma Singh, and Sean Kerly. Brilliant players. But back to the present and all things Olympian.  ( Wow I have jolly well just amazed myself at my knowledge of other sports apart from CRICKET!)

I watched the final of the 200m butterfly seeing Chad Le Clos win, his parents were crying he was crying when they played the RSA National Anthem and  then I,lady Lainey started to cry when his lip started to tremble, I was trying to talk to Dame Didi in France and was blubbing like a baby. That's what the Olympics is all about


And today we are all going 'Wigtastic' again as good old Bradley goes racing, so 'Allez Wiggo' ( well it worked in Le Tour De France'). And who doesn't love Bradley?, I, Lady Lainey sure does love him ( not as much as his Royal Ryanness or Gillespie the Gallant) but he is a true sportsman and when you listen to him interviewed very, very humble.

Now to cricket news, super fabby home county of Yorkshire are playing at Nothamptonshire this weeks and Steve Harmision is not in the team due to a problem with his side ( been laid on it too much over the past 2 seasons?). Deja Vu!!!!!!!! His Royal Ryanness is still not 1st team fit, so having a few more lie-ins and then back to it.  He has been hobnobbing it with 'Sir' Kevin Keegan and been totally overawed by it all ( ZUT ALORS NOT ANOTHER MONTH ON THE SICK!) I, Lady Lainey cannot wait to have him back as have been missing his huge hairy presence in the squad.

Durham are hosting Australia A this week and as The Duke of Adelaide said, 'Durham should win as Australia have been playing badly'. Well it looks like it starts off 'even stevens' as Durham have been playing worse than badly so lets see who takes the advantage. Sadly due to work, moving and the possible ( its still not confirmed) arrival of Prince Philip of the Southern Hemisphere, I will not be able to see any of it.


And so it is Wednesday, more moving, and  the week is going way too quickly for my liking, tomorrow  Countess Christine of McNally and Tim'll Fix it are going to help me move the 'big' items to LT Towers II, hopefully the Royal hounds will stay at home!


Lady Lainey being 'loved to death' by Leo one of the 'Royal Hounds'


Also today is Yorkshire day and being a true Tyke I will be sporting a white rose today, so HAPPY YORKSHIRE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments :