Powered By Blogger

Monday 6 August 2012

Nearer to move in!





Besty soft toy cuddle friend


What a busy old day I had yesterday, went over to LT Towers II ( which I am considering renaming 'Tyke Towers' in honour of super best home county, The Republic of Yorkshire). and sorted out my bedroom and the lounge and kitchen ( very important as I need somewhere to sit and somewhere to sleep and somewhere to make food.). The rest of the house will be sorted out as and when work and cricket commitments allows.

Then off to Super swanky  cricket club Marton.
Oh dear, I think my teas may be taking their toll on the players as they were all out for 55!!!!!!!!! OMG they could all play 1st team for Durham with that score. Gave them a pep talk at tea time ( pull your socks up,don't let Lady Lainey down, etc) but as you can tell defeat was on the cards!.


Then back home and onto the job of giving LT Towers a bit of a clean and polish, I just wanted to sit down with a bucket of wine, but needed a clear head so soldiered on.

Also yesterday Adelaide Crows won their match against Essendon, which takes them up to 2nd position with 4 matches left this season. #COYC. The Duke of Adelaide was super excited he was 'woohooing' all over the place. Hope the Duchess had her earplugs in!

Durham's match against Scotland was rained off, the outfield was too wet for play, when they said ' with so much wetness around it is going to affect the game' I thought that they were being a tad rude about Durham!

Test match was abandoned  with South Africa on 39-0 and taking a lead.England closed their first innings on 429 and FIGJAM never got off his 149 score.

Yorkshire had a rare Sunday off and his Royal Ryanness went off to watch his cousin play cricket at Harrogate CC, he tweeted 'Bowls faster than me :) #nothard' which made me laugh so much my tiara was all askew. And he got a mention on Sky at the test too, they were wittering on about left arm bowlers and then my ears pricked up when they mention his Royal Ryannness. Yes indeed a great left arm bowler!.

M'Lady Margaret made my dinner and sent it round with Baron Bill posing as delivery boy, how wonderful all my friends have been, how very kind to look after me whilst I am 'inbetween' two houses, I will be eternally grateful to everyone for their help.

Watching the Olympics, it has been great to see so many medals being won by Team GB, however, although I love to hear everyone singing the National Anthem, I hate the fact that they sing it incorrectly. Please someone tell them that the last line is 'God save THE  Queen' not 'OUR Queen'. I learnt this at school, do they not teach children it now!!!

Spoke to Dame Didi and she said she is hooked on my blog. She said that I keep her up to date on everything that is happening in the UK sports wise ( she is a huge F1 fan), and also she  is able to keep up on what is going on in Lady Lainey Land!. She has found a new tiara for our special trip in November ( it is Top Secret and you will all find out in good time), so we will both have new tiara's to wear on the trip ( which is making my eyes well up with tears at the thought, I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT IT, but am not telling until closer to the time). We are going on special trip as it will be the official birthday of Lady Lainey and I will be 21 ( yeah and if you believe that.........)

By  bedtime I was  so tired I just made it my mattress ( beds have been moved) and cuddled up with Pink Hippo ( besty soft toy cuddle friend).

And now I am up and ready for what ever Monday brings.

No comments :