Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 29 August 2012

Midday today ECB Statement





17 days until I am in that pool!


Wouldn't you just know it, the minute that I go back to super swanky Lady Lainey office the sun decided to shine its heart out. All very good for a spot of lunchtime retail therapy ( I bought a lovely coat which I could have made use of on Sunday at Scarbella) but I really would have preferred to have been watching my Tykes!.

Super besty home team of Yorkshire are still in sunny Scarbados, where I was expecting his Royal Ryanness to launch the bowling against Gloucestershire. However he sustained a back injury ( crawling commando style out of the pavilion on Sunday to evade Lady Lainey?). I am gutted and I bet he is too. Get well soon Ryan #toomanyinjuriesthisseason..

The Tykes are pushing for promotion and I can tell you that if this happens whilst I am across 'Le Manche' I will get totally squiffy on cheapo vin ( and Dame Didi will too whether she likes it or not, I will tempt her with smoked pistachios!).

Still not heard any news about Richard Pyrah, who went down like a 'sack of spuds' on Sunday and stayed on the ground for a jolly long time, I , Lady Lainey was just about to dash onto the field to administer first aid ( I got a badge in the Brownies...........................it was for sewing but what the heck!) when luckily ( for Pyrah) Gillespie the Gallant raced on, got him to his feet and rushed him to the pavilion.

Yesterday was a big day for Joe ( Oliver) Root and Gary Ballance who both got their county caps, well done you Tykes.
 Close of play saw scores of Glous  215 all out and Yorks  61-2 #COYT

Former besty team of Durham were at Liverpool to play Lancs. Wetness on the outfield ( No jokes, the Durham boys hadn't been outside) meant that there was no play before lunch so they all sat in the dressing room  watching 'Heir Hunters, 'Homes under the Hammer ( Dame Didi will be very jealous) and 'Bargain Hunt'.
They did eventually get out to play and Lancs were 221-6 at close of play
 
Durham 2nd 's beat Sussex to get through to the SET final well done boys.

Just heard on the news that at midday today (Wednesday 29th August 2012) the ECB will release a statement regarding Andrew Strauss.what is going on now??????


Also please feel free to leave any comments I would love to hear from you all, as to what you think of my ramblings!.

Bon Journee





No comments :