Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Lady Lainey is feeling relieved

Not my computer!, mine is fixed now!



AARRGGGHHHHH how did we ever manage in the 'olden days' before computers and the internet?  I was  tearing my orange curls out  yesterday with my lack of internet, however the Knight of the Broadband came out  in his rusty ( not trusty) van and fixed it, hurray I am now all back to normal ( well  what ever normal is in Lady Lainey land!).

The Olympics have now finished, and Team GB did very well putting us 3rd in the medal table, so The Duke of Adelaide will be able to get some extra sleep instead of getting up at 4am every morning, but well done that man a great effort on his behalf. Also well done all Olympians, but most especially Wiggo!.

 Anyhooo back to other things, Count  Christophe besty eldest monster child nephew is now back to lying in bed all day after having a totally brill time working at an Architects in Whitby. He is getting himself back into the swing of being a teenager at college rather then a member of working world. It may have been a brief insight into real life and he enjoyed it, but the prospect of being in bed in daylight hours still has more appeal!!!

Dame Didi is totally stressed out with helping me out at Tykes Towers and spending a morning with Tzarina Katerina. And she doesn't want to sleep in my spare bedroom as the tenant had left 'Budgie' curtains up which I have yet to remove ( WTF !!!! Who would have curtains with budgies on ......Geoff Capes maybe ( Google it!). I will have to get new curtains or the Dame won't be coming to stay.. The office ( 3rd bedroom) is also in need of painting so if anyone has a spare day......................

Whilst unpacking etc,I opened the big blue trunk that I have had forever and inside was..........my wedding dress!!!! well I quickly closed the lid on that!!!!, I think that I kept it on the off chance of a marriage to Sir Sean of Bean.  However with hindsight his track record is not too good and much as I enjoy a piece of wedding cake, me thinks Sean enjoys it more!

I have also put quill to paper and written to Durham CCC re all my gripes. well better to get it off your chest, when it arrives at said club it will no doubt be filed under 'BIN' as when I have corresponded with them previously I have had no response. Very bad form, but only what I am coming to expect from them.
I am checking out Tykes membership as we speak!

So things are getting there at 'Tykes Towers' with the exception of

* No hot water ( can I pop round anyone's for a shower?)
* Frogs in the garden
* Washing machine awaiting new door
* Dishwasher still to be plumbed in
* Women who still have PJ's on at 5pm in the afternoon????????????? ( and its not me)
* Still a nightmare really

But its home!!!









No comments :