Powered By Blogger

Friday 3 August 2012

I've got that Friday feeling,I hope it is Friday????






Scarborough Cricket Club



I am so super bouncy happy today as it is now  just over 4 weeks to Scarborough Festival when hopefully I will win the 3rd prize in the raffle, the bat signed by all the Super home county team of  Yorkshire, Mr Funky says I am not to set my heart on winning said prize, as lots of other folk bought tickets too, Well boo sucks Mr Funky, I Lady Lainey truly believe that if you want something hard enough you will get it. ( Actually strike that, I am still waiting for Sean Bean to turn up on my doorstep on my birthday!).  Anyhoo, I am super excited about going to see my 'Tykes' BUT it will be the last time until next season  (boo hoo) because just after this I am off to La Belle France on my jollies to Dame Didi's chateau. ( and she has stocked up the cellar in preparation for my visit)

Well first day of the test match and England  brought in Broad, dropped Swann and looked to be panicking as to whether they had the mix right this time. Close of play saw South Africa on 262-5.Wonder what today will bring.

Yorkshire at Northamptonshire,  Super best home team of Yorkshire sent the bowlers in to get the game really started, rain brought the game to a standstill until after 3pm, they went back on, got ready to bowl and the heavens opened again. 10 mins later sun out and back on,my boys must have looked like they were on elastic from the Pavilion!!!and by close of play they were off for more rain or in the words of Gillespie the Gallant  'honking weather!' I can't wait for his Royal Ryanness to be fit for action again!

Durham against Australia A at Chester-Le-Street, Mr Funky has been there and  sitting on Lady Lainey's spot on the boundary, how very dare he!. However he kept me up to date with text messages etc which are way more amusing than the reports that Durham CCC put on twitter. Loved the comment from Mr Funky on Wednesday, about a rather rotund player being out just before tea, nearly running off the field, ( as Mr Funky said , he was fastening the napkin around his neck as he was taking the Pavilion steps two at a time),obviously there was nothing left for anyone else when tea was actually called!.

Australia A were all out out for 159 with Brathwaite taking the last wicket. Durham went in to bat and were 49-5 by lunchtime. WTF!!! I was in danger of flipping my tiara!!! When I squealed out loud in the office 'What is wrong with Durham?' (rhetorical  question) one of my 'boys' piped up ' They are a load of jolly old doggy do do ' ( well something along those lines).
Can you get a refund on your membership? I am blinking well thinking about applying for one!!!


On to homey type things
Had  the big furniture ( beds etc, one bed is jammed on the staircase as I type!) moved last night and both houses now resemble bombsites! I will just  be flipping well glad when I can lock  door on LT Towers and put that nightmare behind me. It will take me a while to get LT Towers II to how I want it to be ( real swanky abode), but hey Rome wasn't built in a day. Also big shout out to 'Talk Talk' who have managed to mess up completely on the phone front, which will result in me being without phone or broadband for a  couple of days ( although I actually do not believe that it will be on the day after that either).Hope that I don't miss out on blogging.

Last night after moving the furniture, my besty friend  M'Lady Margaret sent her hubby Baron Bill round to my house with dinner she had prepared for me. How very kind and thoughful, but if you knew M'Lady Margaret you would not be surprised by this gesture. I love going round to her castle which is all white, walls, furniture etc, Lady Laineys dream home, but in France not UK.

Big shout out too for 'Dashing' Dave Simpson who very kindly told me last night that everyone who is anyone reads my blog! Love it!!!

So its Friday and the start of a super super busy weekend for I, Lady Lainey , sustenance to the cricketers, Saturday and Sunday ( weather permitting), final move to get all things into the house( I am sure that someone has been dumping furniture in my house when I wasn't looking,, I didn't think that I had that much stuff!!!!). PHEWWWW before I blooming well know it, it will be Monday again and back to work.................................................................

No comments :