Powered By Blogger

Thursday 16 August 2012

broken nails,cricket tales and office males





Pic of the day.To help me get over my shock!




Boooohooooo ( yes I know Duke of Adelaide, 'toughen up Princess) I, Lady Lainey decided to venture out into the extensive ground of 'Tykes Towers' and indulge in a spot of weeding and moss removing last night (late I may add). It all seemed to be a jolly good idea, I was digging out dandelions with a screwdriver and then scorching the remnants with boiling water when a HUGE, GIANT, MASSIVE ( OK it was about 3in) frog hops out of some grass and looks at me!!! I, Lady Lainey scream, drop the screwdriver and break two nails trying to get off the floor! The frog hops off, I run into 'Tykes Towers' lock the door and look in horror at the breakages to nails!.
So lesson learnt from this?..........Let Mr Funky come round and deal with all things flora and fauna!.

Super besty ex cricketer friend RMFC, is off to Lords today and very kindly offered me a ticket for tomorrow! Lady Lainey is very tempted to do a runner to London ( former home) and go and whoop it up with crickety blokes and drink champers and join in with 'The Barmy Army' and have a flipping brill time...................but Lady Lainey has to go to work so had to decline super offer. RMFC is a top bloke.

Cricket news for super besty home county of Yorkshire from yesterday, they went in to bat and were not doing too badly on the scoring  of runs when the rain came down and down and down. Loved Gillespie the Gallants tweet 'Rain go away' understated to say the least.Sadly rain didn't go away. I am hoping that it will be fine today

Former( super besty ) home county of Durham were at Nottingham and fared  little better weather wise.

Trouble also  for player from said county.( second time on drink driving charges) banned from driving for 40 months and fined. Drink driving!! Luckily there was not anyone else involved, however ( and now I get onto my soap box) as someone who has been on the receiving end of an accident caused by a drunk driver, a ban for the driver and more expensive insurance when they eventually get to drive again , seems very cheap to me as I  carry the scars  from my accident for the rest of my life Sometimes the drunk driver gets off lightly and sometimes, someone ( me ) gets a 'life' sentence, sometimes some people don't even have life!. OK got that off my chest and now onto other things.

 Ian Blackwell on loan to Warwickshire.........What on earth is that all about? Better catering than The Riverside?  :-)

Sad news yesterday that super brave and amazing Fabrice Muamba ( former team mate of cousin  Rt Hon Hooligan Robbo) is retiring from football. A very brave and talented young man, who has been dedicated to returning to the game that he loves, however has been advised otherwise. I wish him the very best of luck for the future.

Finally a funny thing happened in super swanky Lady Lainey office  yesterday, Dan Dan Cowboy Draughtsman was in his office banging around making huge amount of noise. He came into my office and said that he had a fly which was annoying him, so I gave him a can of fly spray saying 'try this'.He then went back to his office. 2 minutes later the banging noise resumed ( yes you've guessed it, he was trying to kill the fly with the tin!). I, Lady Lainey sometimes think that I was destined for better things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments :