Powered By Blogger

Monday 9 July 2012

What a weekend! and now back to the real world!


Well its Monday again and I Lady Lainey am sitting at my desk, wondering where the weekend has gone ( in a drunken haze I hear you all exclaim!).
 I was so tired last night after the T20 at
Chester Le Street
that I even forgot to go online and bag some extra bargains in the Harrods sale! (Damn!).

I have just spent the last 30 mins giving Job the Jolly (my boss) the run down on the ODI on Saturday. He had spotted me on TV sitting on the boundary at the end of the first over and very kindly sent me the pictorial evidence! I hadn’t realised how orange my hair was until I saw that it clashed with the redness of ‘would like to be Lord Lainey’s’ face!!!!!!!!

I am about to start ‘rejigging’ my Top 10 cricketers board on my wall as this week we have a couple of new entries ( and I soooo obviously have not got any real work to do!!!) I haven’t blogged this list before so thought I would put it in with explanations as to their ranking. And not all of it is to do with posteriors either!


1)      Ryan Sidebottom (10/10 on ‘posterior ‘scale and curly red head too)
2)      Jason Gillespie ( ok not a cricketer now but still worth placing)
3)      Martin Jean-Jacques (as above, 10/10 on ‘posterior scale, and at 52 years of age too!! All round   nice bloke)
4)      Tom Smith  ( new entry and 8/10)
5)      Brett Lee ( sadly  injured on Saturday)
6)      Tino Best (used to be a ‘Tyke’ enough said)
7)      Mark Ramprakash (down from 5 due to retiring!)
8)      Jamie Harrison ( come on Durham give him a chance! and a lovely well mannered young man)
9)       Harry Latchman (as 2&3 but most patient cricket coach in the world. Thanks H!)
10)    Cliff Spinks ( as 2,3&9 new entry just for perseverance!).


On the cricket and home front, Durham are playing away until the end of the month. I am however going to support the Second XI at their 3 day match at Darlington 24-26th July. I love Darlington Cricket ground, real ‘old’ pavilion, none of this tin shed nonsense.
Plus I,the lovely Lady Lainey will be out every weekend feeding the cricket troops (weather permitting) for the rest of this month, so 7 day weeks for me and moving into LT Towers II in 3 weeks. I hope that I, Lady Lainey really am as organised as I think I am!

Time will tell.

No comments :