Powered By Blogger

Sunday 15 July 2012

What do cars and wind have in common......






Well another busy day here  with teas being served at Marton CC ( super swanky cricket club very close to the birthplace of moi!). I awoke to screams of Murray Walker in my head 'GO, GO,GO' and so I got going like the proverbial 'clappers' (meaning' Go very fast in a vigorous manner' originating from The RAF in WWII, OK English & history lesson over)

had a call from ' Would like to be Lord Lainey' last night

Would like to be Lord Lainey' Hiya I am getting a new car.

Lady Lainey oh for goodness sake are you still upset because I called your car an Astra?

Would like to be Lord Lainey' ( ignoring my comment), It a VW Scirocco.

Lady Lainey Why would you buy a car named.....( I stop right there) oh how very apt ,you and the car are well matched. ( Scirocco is wind ( actually hot wind blowing across North Africa and the Med).

Would like to be Lord Lainey' (sounding like very excited schoolboy) Its red, and has 1000000000 BHP. mumble mumble,miles per hours, blah blah blah,cup holder, natter natter natter, miles to the gallon, blurb blurb blurb 4 wheels and spare in boot,  ( totally unaware of veiled insult)

Lady Lainey, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (quickly shakes off sleep) OK very nice, got to go and watch some paint dry now.

I disconnect the call...............I WILL NEVER understand men and cars, or men and golf or men really!

And so back to cricket, far more entertaining and a lot easier to understand (honestly girls it is!).

All provisions are packed and ready and I will soon be racing across the A66 and A174 to Marton CC..
Over at Chateau de Saltburn Dame Didi is taking afternoon tea with M'Lady de Misery, I have luckily escaped this Royal visit due to cricket commitments, but know that over next few weeks whilst Dame Didi is whooping it up with the Rt Hon Richard in France ( Count Christophe is staying home and hoping to have wild parties at weekends but does not know that I am planning to spoil his fun!), I will be plagued by telephone calls ( every evening bang on 6pm), and 'surprise' visits from M'Lady!
 Lucky me!!!



No comments :