Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 July 2012

ODI (not text speak for 'Oh Deary' or is it? (part 2)






          

Well today was  brilliant with  ODI cricket. M’Lady De Misery lived up to her name by texting me every 5 minutes to complain about Shildon being cancelled (WTF? anything for a moan!). And I the lovely Lady Lainey was with ‘would like to be Lord Lainey’ at Chester Le Street having a great time.
All in all  a wonderful day  with sunshine, I even unbuttoned my cardigan.
I had spent many hours slaving over a hot stove preparing lots of tasty morsels for myself and ‘would like to be Lord Lainey’ to munch on at the ODI. 

The menu de jour was as follows:-

Mid morning
Slice of Belgian chocolate cake and coffee

Lunch
Home made harissa topped hummus with crudités

Honey& Mustard glazed chicken breast
Green salad
Home marinated artichoke hearts
Cherry tomatoes
Mixed cucumber and celery
Baby new potatoes (hot with butter)
selection of mixed pickles ( home pickled onions with chilli!, pickled cabbage, beetroot and cornichorns)
Home made vinaigrette dressing

Home made grape and raspberry cheesecake

Any wine that ‘Would Like to be Lord Lainey’ buys for her Ladyship, diet fiery ginger beer for him!

Mid Afternoon
Carrot cake and coffee

Tea
Selection of sandwiches ( ham/mustard, ham/salad, cheese and beetroot, ‘seaside sandwich (egg, cheese and tomato & mayo , minus the sand of childhood memory!)
Thai Sweet chilli bites
Sausage rolls

Victoria sandwich cake
Selection of biscuits
Coffee
(Google nearest Weightwatchers class  as soon as return to LT Towers)

England won and poor old Brett Lee left the field injured ( or scared by Lady lainey!)
Cliff  Spinks threatening to come and 'visit' me on the boundary ( and being very cheeky about Lady Lainey too) but bottling it and going for a drink with Nick Knight and Tom Moody. 

However when we got back to the car we decided to eat the remnants of said picnic to waste the time whilst waiting to exit the car park.. Which resulted in  raised voices along the lines of.

' Would like to be Lord Lainey' ‘Don’t drop crumbs on the carpet ( at first I thought he was being overly familiar  saying ‘don’t drop crumbs on the car, pet’).

Lady Lainey retorts ‘Ok! I will put nose bag on to ensure that nothing escapes.

'Would like to be Lord Lainey’ answers ‘ I like my car to be clean and tidy, so don’t spill/ drop mess/ sit on leather upholstery/ touch anything with greasy fingers/breathe, in  my car.

Lady Lainey ( p***ed off with sitting next to him and overly excited due to ogling cricketers posteriors so very tetchy at the time) ‘ It’s a ‘freakin’ Astra not an Aston Martin!!!!!’

Journey home in silence and Lady Lainey left to hump all bags into LT Towers, whilst ‘ Would like to be Lord Lainey’ wheel spins away like a boy racer (33 years too late).

Night in with Pink Hippo ( besty soft toy cuddle friend), bottle of bubbly, Sean Bean being Sharpe on DVD, and I the lovely Lady Lainey reclining on chaise longue with the dishwashing whirring in the background.

T20  tomorrow good job Mr Funky is chaufferring me or heaven forbid I might have had to drive myself!!!







No comments :