Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 July 2012

Le Cricket













Well welcome to any readers in France and happy ‘La Fete Nationale’ aka Bastille Day.

You may be wondering why I Lady Lainey have little references to France popping up now and again.
Is it because I have French blood running through my veins? (and hence shouting out at cricket teas, ‘what no ham sarnies left……….let them eat cake!).
Actually I have no French blood running through my veins (plenty of champagne and Gros Plant though!). I just love France and love  to go to Dame Didi's chateau in the Nantes region and chill  out  before and just after the cricket season, and quelle surprise, I bet you didn't know that they play cricket there too    http://francecricket.com/ check it out!

Well back to Le Cricket Anglaise it was not a great day again for one of  the super home counties, Rain affecting  Durham match yesterday ( and yes it looks as if I put the jinx on Durham as match called off at 1pm).
Yorkshire got to play and how they played! Joe Root scored a double century which was an amazing performance from him and all praise goes to his magnificent effort ( and the rest of the team  and coach too!) what a brilliant 'Little Tyke'.

Spoke to a friend last night who used to play for Hampshire, he said looking at the match report he was considering making a comeback. RMFC....do they play zimmer frame cricket?????

So it is now 7.30am here at LT Towers finishing touches are being made to cricket teas and my apron is packed in readiness . Car packed up and ready and I, Lady Lainey am donning drab clothing to shield my true identity and making a hasty trip to Morrison's for some flapjack and malt loaf ( well it wouldn't be a cricket tea without either would it?).

 So its a big 'come on Shildon BR' and also #COYT.



Bonne  journee tout le monde




 

No comments :