Powered By Blogger

Sunday 8 July 2012

Final T20 for Durham.






I awoke this morning at 4am with a banging headache and Sharpe playing to itself on DVD, ok its my own fault, I know but still felt pretty rough! Went back to bed!!


When I finally got up I decided that I should call 'Would like to be Lord Lainey' to say sorry for insulting his car.( Because boys get all funny about their cars!)


Lady Lainey  It is I


Would like to be Lord Lainey, I know that you nugget!


Lady Lainey Sorry about saying your car was an Astra


Would like to be Lord Lainey   Blah blah blah,mumble mumble, car car car, Insignia, blah blah blah


Lady Lainey  Look I am a girly if you can't put them on your feet, hang it from your arm or it is 1 carat+  set in platinum it means nothing to me! See you later at cricket.

.......end of conversation, job done!

Shower, hair wash, pack up provisions and wait for Mr Funky to arrive in the dark blue tank thing ( see I do know something about cars). I know mine is Platinum grey, and when it makes a funny noise or stops completely, I phone 'Tim'll Fix it' and he does!

And so to Chester Le Street for the cricket Durham v Lancashire. To say that Durham have played badly this season is an understatement. Lots of broken nails and fractured eyelashes have resulted in a very disjointed looking team and even more disgruntled members. ( sometimes they heckle from the members lounge), 'Just not cricket' as his Royal Gorgeousness (my daddy) would have said. They have 'loaned' Steve Harmison to Yorkshire ( a cunning plot is afoot I think, has he gone to spy..... more to the point has he gone to play as he has hardly done that at Durham for a couple of seasons!).

So Durham v Lancashire, Durham won the toss and elected to have a bowl. The 'amazing' commentator asked the  Lancs captain, if he was looking forward to going into bat first, to which said captain replied,'didn't have much choice we lost the toss'. And so it began.
Tom Smith batted well for Lancs ( and makes it onto the top 10 board this week) but Lancashire ended on 133 after 20 overs. Durham went in to bat and looked strong............famous last words. It went down to the last over when eventually the game was tied! A great afternoons cricket though. Even though Durham go no further in the T20. However news from the home county ( Yorkshire) they are through to the Quarter Finals!!!

'Would like to be Lord Lainey' was sulking slightly but pulled out of it when I produced pork pie and mini scotch eggs, ham sandwiches and sausage rolls.

Who would have thought it was that easy to please a man!








No comments :