Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 July 2012

#COYT







Well news from the super home counties yesterday were that Yorkshire were  doing jolly well at Derbyshire finishing on  on 219 ( Jaques  61) the home team being 135-7 at close of play. So jolly well get the rest out before noon,! Over in Arundel  rain brought an early close of play for Durham by the 3rd  over they were 1-2 !!! . By lunchtime  they were 92-4 and then it rained, and it rained, and it rained so the boys all went back to the hotel for a couple of glasses of Vimto!.

I will be watching the results coming through on Twitter avidly today as well as listening to TMS ( #comeonengland) for test match commentary, because I am at work and what else am I supposed to do, I turn up, sit at desk, bark orders at ‘boys’, wait for someone to make me a coffee, end up making my own and then sit looking pretty, so may as well fill in the other 6hr 55m with something remotely interesting :-)

Dame Didi and Rt Hon Richard are by now living it up in La Belle France and I for one am flipping well green with envy. I have checked the weather forecast and the temperatures are nearly twice what they are in ‘blighty’!!!!!!!!!!!( actually I think it is hotter and drier in the Arctic at the moment)

Talking about France…Le Tour De France is getting to the closing stages and good old Bradley is still in the yellow jersey ( tres smelly by now!).  I personally would prefer the ‘polka dot jersey’ (maillot à pois rouge in French and  very pretty!). I can’t wait for the closing stage ‘dans’ Paris.

Not heard a peep from ‘Would like to be Lord Lainey’ (wooohooo finally he has got the message!). However, I know this is because he took delivery of new car yesterday and will be doing ‘boy’ type things like:-

A)    Kicking the tyres (what is that all about????)
B)      polishing the bonnet with his sleeve
C)     Sitting in the drivers seat making screeching noises, like F1 driver ( I was going to say ‘like Jenson Button’, but I would never want to compare The great Baron Button to ‘Would like to be Lord Lainey).

No doubt he will tip up at LT Towers in said vehicle, but hopefully it will be after I move to LT Towers II !!!

I am feeling much better today, headache gone, but still sound a little 'croaky' so feel like I am ready to face the world, well Darlington at least!

Have a great day where ever you are.


No comments :