Powered By Blogger

Sunday 29 July 2012

Count Christophe and cricket

Just for Dynamo Dom, before he is sent to the dungeon!


What a jolly busy day for I, Lady Lainey yesterday.After waiting for the Aussie rules football results it was all stations go  to be ready for Mr Funky collecting me to go to see (former super) home county Durham, and then oh my Lord he was late, yes late and it as if that wasn't bad enough Count Christophe had already landed at Chester Le Street. I ,Lady Lainey was jolly well jumping up and down in a very frantic way when Mr Funky finally tipped up.
Got to 'The Riverside' ground and Count Christophe was just relaxing in the sunshine, waiting for us, so all was well...except that Dame Didi sent me a text saying

'You won't forget to bring your nephew back with you, will you?'

What kind of crazy Lady does she think I am? (rhetorical question)

Play was abysmal, The Count and I had a walk at lunchtime and met Pauly Paul and Dynamo Dom ( he is a bit of an all rounder I hear on the grapevine). More play and I use that term loosely, listened to the two gentlemen behind me discussing the stroke play, players stance, physique and from their chat it was evident that the said men  were either former Test cricketers or at the least former first class umpires!!!. I turned round to have a glance at these obvious stars from the past and found myself looking at  'Darren Trough' and 'Sir Loin of Beef'. Quite self explanatory me thinks!!!!!!

Pauly Paul and Dynamo Dom came round for tea and we all got a jolly good soaking so ran for cover to eat our quails egg and cavier sandwiches.Mr Funky decided we would go home and although Durham went out to play again we had, really had , jolly well had, had enough ( Yes even I Lady Lainey had, had enough of cricket). Durham were all out for 200 and then staged a come back by bowling well at Middlesex and the closing score was 58-5. Poor match and poor show by both clubs.


However over in Leicester super fabby home county of Yorkshire,  made Lady Lainey very proud, Bairstow getting another century, Lyth being 159 not out and finishing 16 runs ahead on start of day 3
#coyt, #strongunit, #supercoach,#teamspirit, #neversaidanyofthisaboutdurham!


other sports news.
1)  Baron Jenson Button not on pole ( his team mate is!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
2)Super sprinty bikey bloke Mark Cavendish did not win gold
3) Yorkshire are super top cricket team
4)Durham are jolly terrible team at the moment
5) Geoff Cook should resign
6) Bored with the Olympic coverage on BBC!  ( Jake Humphrey covering gymnastics now that made me laugh, and no matter how much I adjusted the colour on the TV  Gary Lineker was still orange!)
7) Dynamo Dom is a very cheeky young man about Lady Lainey's favourite cricketer and is off to the dungeon! 


And so Count Christophe goes home today :-(
And I Lady Lainey am once again waiting for Mr Funky...........................

No comments :