Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 July 2012

Black Friday.......but neary the weekend






Well I the lovely Lady Lainey should have been giving a big ‘woooohooo’ its Friday, but it’s a big ‘booooohooooo as news filters through that Brett Lee is retiring from international cricket! In one week I have lost two cricketers who rated on my top 10 list (Ramps being the other) and Mark Boucher and Michael Di Venuto have also left the sporting arena.

Well let me just say to his Royal Ryanness don’t you be going and getting any ideas about this retiring lark (at least not before the Scarborough Festival).

'Would like to be Lord Lainey' called this morning to console me on the Brett Lee news.

Would like to be Lord Lainey, have you heard the news?

Lady Lainey, oh praise the lord you are getting married!

Would like to be Lord Lainey, Ha ha very funny!! I have just split my sides laughing.

Lady Lainey, No you have split your sides because you are on the portly side!

Would be Lord Lainey, OK enough of the rude comments you're no stick insect yourself!

Lady Lainey, But at least I am pretty!!!!

Would like to be Lord Lainey, Have you heard about Brett Lee?

Lady Lainey, Yes I am wearing a black armband to work today

Would like to be Lord Lainey,  ( in creepy tone) Is that all????????

I, Lady Lainey end conversation,  BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over at Platinum Duck Palace things are speeding up for the upcoming matches over the weekend at Shildon BR and Marton. Lots chopping and baking going on in readiness. I, Lady Lainey will be donning my Mrs Ordinary disguise and serving up fresh cream scones and ham sandwiches to the ‘boys’, along with lashings of tea and orange squash. I am hoping that Amazon deliver my copy of ‘Keeping quiet’ so that I can sit on the boundary and have a read.

I have just checked the weather forecast for the Yorkshire match and it doesn’t look very promising today at all, so one very sad Lady Lainey and also all Tykes supporters. Durham pulled out all stops yesterday and start today in a good position………….I will not stop there as ‘famous last words’ comes to mind.





No comments :