Powered By Blogger

Saturday 28 July 2012

A rare day off but is it worth it?





Beautiful Lumley Castle


I know that you are all expecting I, Lady Lainey to open with a rush of expletives regarding the state of play at (former super ) home county Durham. Well for once I am at a loss for words,even though  there actually are many words that I could use to express the disappointment that I feel at the poor display by  so called professional cricketers. Its just not cricket!!!! So the subject its closed on the state of play yesterday lets hope that today is different.

However now super super home County Yorkshire are a different kettle of fish, I am smiling as I write this and genuinely feel really proud of the whole team and coaching staff. How they have turned themselves around this season. New imput from super coach Gillespie the Gallant have made #strongunit. and no sign of baked beans or beetroot. Go get 'em boys!!!

Else where in LL land it was super busy in LT Towers last night with last minute prep for Shildon BR teas which eldest sister M'Lady de Misery ( now reverting to her true name of Tzarina Katerina due to being super helpful to Lady Lainey helping her to have a day off,) is  delivering  cricketers sustenance for me today, as I am at The Riverside Ground watching (former super) home county get thrashed by Middlesex, doubt I will need to show up on Sunday it'll be over by tea tomorrow at this rate!
Tzarina Katerina took instruction well re delivering ( I thought),then had two calls before I went to bed.For the love of God, its not bloody rocket science, take teas to ground, speak to cousin Rt Hon Robbo Jr and then leave all in his hands!! I Lady Lainey was ready to tear out orange curls out with frustration. I had done all the blinking donkey work.

Over in Australia for the big footy match there was a late change in the Crows camp with Shaun McKernan replacing ruckman  Sam Jacobs who has a hamstring problem. McKernan returns to the team after fracturing his jaw ( OMG what kind of game is this!). Sadly they lost to Geelong Cats with the final score  102-75. Sad faces in the Dukes castle I think.:-(

Also going on this weekend is the Hungarian Grand Prix, so #COYJ, I, Lady Lainey am wishing him the best of luck in the race, I know he can do amazingly well.
And of course the Olympics have kicked off in London, huge display of all things English on the TV last night, although sadly this is not a true reflection of the state of our country at the moment!. Or maybe it is Mr Bean!!!! and not the Sean type either, the Queen spoofing it up with Daniel Craig..........at least there was a little show of cricket

 Got to go and get pretty for the match, although with the state of play I could be home by lunchtime!.

2 comments :

Sir Rob From Solihull said...

Im amazed that Lady Lainey was not involved in last nights events in London.

Lady Lainey said...

Didn't you see me Sir Rob?x